Nose is Gelatinous at 3 Months Post-op Due to Complications (no Infection, Implant Intact); Will Taping Help?

It Hurts to Do Now. Sorry to say I had complications after rev rhino & am as swollen now as in wk 2 post-op,after seeing intended result in wk 5-6.All the shapelessness & roundness came back. In the first 6 wks, before scar tissue was lain down, light taping seemed to really help.It's still gelatinous/tender at 3 months b/c I massaged a blood vessel by accident 5 day ago.(Surgeon confirmed implant intact.)Nose throbs/I feel pressure when I tape nose, even when it eventually contracts. Is it harmful at this point?

Taping could still help.

Hello irsi,

Taping could still help since it appears that you are talking about your nasal tip.  Also the use of NSAID's like Ibuprofen or Aleve could help.  Also, a short course of oral steroids might help out.  I have my patients also increase their protein intake, cut out excessive alcohol, and reduce the salt in their diet.  It their noses really swell after exercise I will often recommend icing and then taping at bedtime to help.  You should ask your surgeon about their opinion of management of this concern at 3 months postop.  Remember that revision rhinoplasty patients take much longer than normal to heal.

Good luck.

Dr. Shah