Can my Nose Be Fixed to Be Made Longer and Fuller/More Defined After a Bad Rhino Revision?

I had Rhinoplasty about 7years ago and ended up with a curve at the tip of my nose. I just had a revision 4 mos ago and my nose now looks so much worse than it did. The Dr. somehow shortened it and the tip now looks like a triangle with no nostril definition but the nostrils are now slightly turned up like that of a bull. Oh, and the tip is still curved! It looks awful and I'm devestated. Can this be corrected?

Revision to rebuild nose

+1

One can certainly rebuild your nose to help improve the features you don't like - but you have to be OK with the idea of having a larger nose

Web reference: http://www.seattlerhinoplasty.com/html/index.php

Revision of Nasal Revision

+1

At this time, my only recommendation is to wait another 6-9 months before deciding what do. Your nose can be improved by an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon. The specifics of your operation will be determined at that time. I'm sorry you had a poor result, but be patient.  

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

In severe cases of bad results early intervention is justifieble.

find a good BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON EXPERIENCED IN RHINOPLASTY.

After so many revisions it may require extensive surgery, and lots of cost involved.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

It is likely your issue may be improved, but difficult to give you any advice without seeing photos and/or performing an examination. If you wish, you may send any photos to my office and I would be happy to evaluate them for you. In addition, you may call to schedule a consultation. My contact information is listed in my profile. Thank you, and best of luck.

Dr. Nassif

Revision Rhinoplasty is often more complex than meets the eye

+1

Revision Rhinoplasty is a complex procedure. One of the most difficult parts is getting a nose straighter. Crooked cartilage sometimes dosen't't respond to standard techniques. However, tertiary revision can often be successful. IT is important to allow an entire year to heal from prior surgery then seek out a specialist in revision rhinoplasty.

Web reference: http://revisionrhinoplastyny.com

Revision Rhinoplasty is Complex

+1

Revision rhinoplasty is challenging and requires an experienced and skillful surgeon. It is difficult to answer your question without seeing photos.  There are many maneuvers which can help you get an improved result. However, how much improvement and what it will take to get there is really specific to what your nose looks like. 

Good luck-  Dr. Karam

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Hi,

With revision rhinoplasty, a detailed examination is paramount to making suggestions on surgical options.

With that said, if you post pictures for us to evaluate, we can give you a general idea of what would be necessary to revise your rhinoplasty again. 

Keep in mind that your swelling is still significantly altering the way that  your nose looks.  There are many subtle changes that will continue to occur over the next 6-8 months that may significantly change the way you precieve your nose.  Be patient, and if you are still unhappy with your results about 10 to 12 months after your revision, then you should begin to see some specialists in revision rhinoplasty.

Good Luck

Dr. Torkian - Lasky Clinic, Beverly Hills.

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

This is something that would need at least pictures to comment on.  Obviously a good physical would be important.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.