Can a Nose Filler Fix a Blunt Nose Tip?

I was wondering if a nose filler help fix a blunt nose tip? I am relatively happy with the straightness and height of my nose, but I would really like my nose tip to have more definition. As you can see from the picture my nose tip is quite blunt.

Fixing a Blunt Nasal Tip with Filler

+1

You look like a perfect candidate for the non-surgical nose job. I would use a filler called Radiesse, which is made of a substance similar to bone and teeth and works wonderfully in nasal tips. In my experience, it is safer and less lumpy than other fillers. Best of luck! 

Correcting Blunt Nasal Tip with Filler

+1

Many nasal features can be altered with injectable fillers very easily and without any downtime. We use fillers to correct all types of nasal concerns such as nasal bumps, nasal depressions, nasal tips and nasal scars to name a few. In our practice we use a permanent filler (off-label) called silicone. In my opinion it is ideal for this kind of work as it is incredibly precise and permanent, negating the need for repeat treatments and avoiding unnecessary expenses. I recommend you consult with a board-certified dermatologist, facial plastic surgeon or ENT physician who is experienced in this procedure. Hope this helps!

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Non surgical nose job good for tip definition.

+1

Hi.

From your one picture, I think this would help you. We recommend  Juvederm Ultra Plus for superficial injection into the nose.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Fillers for Blunt Nasal Tips

+1

Fillers are an excellent way to help define the tip of the nose without surgery. Fillers can be performed in the office for low cost (under $500) and will provide results that are seen very quickly after the procedure. The only problem with fillers for rhinoplasty is that the results are temporary and only last about one year. However, for many patients this is an acceptable alternative to a surgical rhinoplasty, and repeating the treatments periodically can be preferable depending on your goals and expectations.

There are no medical contraindications to filler injections, but patients should not use blood thinning medications around the time of the injection to reduce potential bruising. There is no limit to the number of times you can be re-injected, but rarely sensitivity to fillers can occur. In those cases, we test a new filler in a non-critical area before reinjecting the face or nose.

Temp Patterson, MD
Burley Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers are ideal to make a blunt nose tip more defined

+1
Your concern with having a blunt nasal tip is a common one. In Orange County Fioler nose jobs are very common, using Radiesse, Juvederm, Artefill and Restylane to form a more tapered or refined nose tip, in addition to smoothing out the appearance of humps and crooked noses. It is frequently requested by my Asian patients with round or blunt nasal tips. It only requires a small amount of filler and therefore is usually inexpensive. In our office in costs as little as $350, or higher depending on which filler is used. It can often last over a year and takes only minutes to perform. Not everyone is a good candidate for this procedure however. Make sure you go to a physician with a lot of experience in injecting fillers, especially in the nose.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon