Nose Dropping - As a Whole or Just the Tip.

Hello, I had a Rhinoplasty afew months ago and I would prefer that my nose as a whole or even just the tip would turn down slightly more. I am wondering, is it in anyway possible that the tip or nose can drop within a year or two of a closed or open rhinoplasty? Thanks!

Changes after rhinoplasty

+1

The appearance of your nose can change for up to a year after a rhinoplasty, whether open or closed, and sometimes even longer. This is primarily due to swelling in the tissues, which takes months to resolve, and to normal scar formation which also undergoes changes after the surgery. You should discuss any further intervention with your surgeon, and you may be advised to wait for a while longer.

Upturned tip and dropping following a nose job

+1

To some degree, the nose undergoes numerous changes following a rhinoplasty that make the tip appear to drop over a six month period. Thereafter the changes will tend to be more subtle with dropping occuring over multiple years as the support is lost with aging.

Nose dropping - as a whole or just the tip.

+1

A photo would help. But your tip can still lift a bit even after a few months post op. Seek opinions from your surgeon and other surgeon. Best of luck. From MIAMI Dr. B

Drooping Tip after Rhinoplasty

+1

The nasal tip is held in place by the skin and ligamentous attachments between the upper edges of the (lower lateral tip) cartilages and both the front (IE caudal) edge of the septum and of the lower edge of the Upper lateral cartilages. In nose surgery, all of these attachments are divided to allow tip cartilages visibility AND in the process of working on the tip cartilages. Extra care is required at the end of surgery to properly reposition the cartilage tip on the septum. This needs to create or re-create a supratip break point (the point where the dorsum/back of the nose stops and the roundness of the tip starts) AND to account for gravity and scarring pull on the tip. If these are not done properly or are underestimated the nasal tip is very likely to droop after surgery.

Tip Position after Rhinoplasty

+1

Nasal appearance, including tip position, continues to change for at least 9-12 months after rhinoplasty. How much the tip will change depends on exactly what was done during your surgery. Talk to you surgeon, who can best answer your question.