Nose Looks Very Deviated After Revision Septorhinoplasty. Is It Swelling?

I'm 2 weeks post op from a revision rhino. The 1st 3 photos are current, the 4th is 9 months after primary, which left my nose deviated to the left. The revision also refined the tip and moved the bones in more on the right. Still lots of swelling of course but the nose seems deviated just the same was it was before! Very concerned and unhappy about it. A separate ENT dr. said my septum looks straight. My PS thinks it's swelling but offered to do surgery and double check in 3 days. Please advise

Still in the early stages of healing from rhinoplasty

+1

You should not have anymore surgeries for at least one year. You are still in the early stages of healing and it can take up to 18 months before you see the final results of the procedure. Be patient and wait for everything to resolve before you undergo further procedures. 

Post Operative Nasal Deviation After Rhinoplasty

+1

The main cause for post operative nasal deviation is dependent on what was done in the operative technique and the surgeon's experience in making sure the nose was perfectly straight without any manipulation. Early post operative deviation can be due to swelling, but if it is seen at greater than three months it is probably going to be permanent and may or may not require operative correction. The key to preventing nasal deviation is to make sure the septum is straight intra operatively. This depends on the experience and expertise of the rhinoplasty surgeon.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Deviated Nose 2 Weeks after Revision

+1

It is impossible to judge the final nasal appearance 2 weeks after surgery. At present, it does appear that your nose is deviated, but I don't recommend any surgical intervention at this time. It is best  to wait at least another 6-9 months before having another revision. I'm sorry about your unfortunate experience, but you want the next surgery, if necessary, to be your last. Other opinions may be helpful.

+1

Thanks for the posted photo series. Yes you are correct. You have a problem seek other in person opinions. Sorry. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j.  Blinski

Perstistent nasal deviation after revision rhinoplasty

+1

Yes, your nose does appear to be deviated to the left. From your base view it appears that the tip is tilted to the left as well.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Nose deviation

+1

Yes, it looks like your nose is still deviated to oine side in the photos.  The septal certilage is causing this for you. 

Deviated Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

I agree that your nose is still deviated to the left.  The nose can be deviated for several reasons.  In my experience the septum is the most common reason, however asymmetric alignment of the tip cartilages or tip grafts can also create asymmetry.

Daniel Reichner, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon