Nose Depressed on the Right Side, a Bump on the Left Side Plus Nostril Asymmetry, Why? Options? (photo)

I underwent rhinoplasty in 1996 in pakistan, after a few months as the swelling healed i realised that the right side of the nose is depressed, plus i have hump on the left side of the nose which my surgeon said was there before only became prominent after removal of soft tissue,also have nostril asymmetry, all of these factors make my nose look deviated, the surgeon says he doesnt know what went wrong,please also recommend a surgeon in Pakistan

Revision required after Rhinoplasty

Hello Ali,

I am sorry that you are not satisfied with the outcome of your rhinoplasty.

Based on the photographs you have attached, you could greatly benefit from a revision targeting you nasal bridge, etc.

The key is to find an extensively experience surgeon who could perform the revision. 

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Nose Depressed on the Right Side, a Bump on the Left Side Plus Nostril Asymmetry, Why? Options? (photo) by Ali.Farooq

The posted photo demonstrate either a poorly preformed rhinoplasty or an immediate post op complication of trauma. Either way you need revision surgery. But I do not know ant PS in Pakistan Sorry. 

Revision rhinoplasty in Pakistan

It's an old post but I felt a need to reply this as there are not much Pakistani doctors on this web site and many patients from this region may have similar queries. It's sad not to have a good outcome from a cosmetic surgery. You need a revision surgery addressing the callous on your nose bridge, open roof deformity and the bulbous tip. In Pakistan both otolaryngologists (ENT specialists - as we call them here) and plastic surgeons are licensed to do a rhinoplasty but not all are very keen on doing this procedure as the market is still developing and is currently not very rewarding for the surgeons. You need to choose a doctor who has a passion for rhinoplasties and has good reviews and results. 

Arfat Jawaid, MBBS, FCPS
Pakistan Otolaryngologist

Revision Rhinoplasty in Pakistan

There are alot of things that can be corrected with your nose. You have a deviated nasal bridge, bulbous tip and an open roof deformity. Unfortunately I dont know any plastic surgeons in Pakistan. Consider traveling outside the country to find a competent rhinoplasty surgeon.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS