What Should I Get Done to my Nose, if I Decide to Alter It with Surgery?

I have a bulbous nose, I know it's not as bad as it could be. But it makes me feel insecure. & I'm afraid it's only going to get bigger & more horrible as I get older. & I'd like to nip that in the bud. What exactly would be done? I only want a slight change, that wouldn't be totally noticeable. & also, what do ya think the ballpark amount would be?

Options for Treatment of Bulbous Nasal Tip

+1

You are going to have a nice, subtle result if you slightly narrow your tip and improve the definition. You will achieve a natural appearance that will not be noticeable if the work is done by a physician who specializes in rhinoplasty surgery. It will cost about $5,000.

Clsoed Nasal Tip Plasty would thin the tip

+1

IMHO, your bridge and tip rotation are fine.  The nasal tip could be thinned using a closed tip plasty as a limited Rhinoplasty technique.  Quick healing procedure that's performed in about 30 minutes.  Hope this helps.

Narrowing of the tip

+1

While the pictures submitted are not of medical quality it appears that narrowing the tip may well provide imporvement in your appearance.  Remember to check out the credentials of the physician you choose and make certain that he or she is a specialist in Rhinoplasty.  Look at the pictures on their website and make certain that their aesthetic taste is similar to yours.

S. Randolph Waldman, MD
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous nose

+1

You are being very critical of yourself. i'd hardly call your nose bulbous. A tip rhinoplasty can give you some refinement.  Don't overdo it. Price varies around the country  so you need to have some local consults. 

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous tip

+1

You need minimal tip work. Experienced rhinoplasty surgeons should know the multiple approaches for a tip plasty. This can be done closed. The thickness of your tip skin is importent to consider and be discussed before surgery as well as your expectations.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Rhinoplasty can focus on the tip only

+1

Rhinoplasty need not be too noticeable and shaping of the tip, without any shortening of your nose would give the best result and a rapid healing and recovery. Be careful and clear in your goals and in selecting a surgeon.

peterejohnsonmd

Unhappy with nose

+1

I have looked at your picture and I think that your nose is acceptable, if not outright cute.  I question your description based on the pictures.  I would like , also, to know your age.  There are some changes that can be made.  They would be subtle and relatively minor.  A full consultation with detailed discussion is advised.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip.

+1
Tip Plasty is what would be indiicated for your bulbous tip. You should have this done by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who knows. How to narrow the tip without causing shortening of your nose which is short enough. The cost-varies from $5-7500.