Nose Seems Crooked 4 Months Post Op, Could It Be Swelling, Should I Be Worried? (photo)

I had an open rhinoplasty 4months ago. . My right side is very "puffy" and the right side of the tip is roundish unlike my left side which is very refined including the left side of the tip, so this gives an illusion that my nose is crooked. but will the "crookedness" go away? Is it swelling? Or did something go wrong?

Asymmetrical Nose Tip 4 Month After Surgery

+1

Dear Albaale,

It is important to note that at 4 months post-surgery, you still have swelling that requires more time to subside.

No one has a perfect facial symmetry and so I recommend that you have a little more patience and wait till your final results are established (up to 12-14 months post surgery). Only then that you will be able to look at your nose and assess it.

Nonetheless, without photographs and physical examination it is hard to provide further opinions about your case.

Thank you for you inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Swelling and asymmetry

+1

First, everyone has some asymmetry of their nose.  But at four months since surgery, it is normal to ahve some residual swelling.

Nasal asymmetry after rhinoplasty

+1

It is normal to have swelling for up to a year after rhinoplasty.  Even though you have asymmetry now, things may change as swelling resolve.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD