Nose Looks Crooked After Rhinoplasty?

I just had my cast taken off an hour ago and my nose appears somehow a little deviated. Not very noticeable, just a tiny bit ( my family cannot even see it and my surgeon did not say anything). I am very worried though, when can I have an operation to straighten the septum? I am happy with the nose otherwise

I just had a rhinoplasty and my nose looks crooked

+1

You are very early in the healing process. Swelling can often create the appearance of asymmetry that will eventually resolve as the swelling goes down. I would give it time, be compliant with your surgeon's post op recommendations, and follow up to ensure that you are healing according to plan.

Nose Looks Crooked Early After Rhinoplasty

+1

Anna91- Take a deep breath, hide all of the mirrors and enjoy the process. A slight amount of deviation upon taking the splint off is the rule rather than the exception. The fact that no one noticed but you should tell you something. If there does happen to be a slight deviation  visible after the swelling is gone, your surgeon can instruct you in some massage techniques that can help. Sit back, relax and enjoy your new nose.

Paul S. Howard, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Stay away from the mirror a week after rhinoplasty.

+1

Is much too early for you to start making judgments about the outcome of a rhinoplasty. There will be definite asymmetries during the healing process. Stay away from the mirror.

Early post-op rhinoplasty

+1

First, I will say that no nose is perfectly straight. It is impossible. Second waht you may be seeing as well is swelling which is the norm at this point.

Nose Looks Crooked After Rhinoplasty?

+1

There will be swelling at this early stage, and it will be difficult to ascertain long-term results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Nose Looks Crooked After Rhinoplasty

+1

Have patience.  It is way too soon to see the final result.  Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon as he recommends for your best result.  Best wishes for a fast recovery!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD