Nose looks VERY crooked after rhinoplasty. Will it straighten out or do i need a revision? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago. Ive been upset at how extremely wide my nose is at the top. I felt ive looked strange in pictures but just yesterday also noticed how crooked my nose is. On one side it looks good and the other it looks completely different and when you look at me from the front if i smile my nose looks VERY crooked. This can't be from "swelling". I can't imagine it would just magically fix itself over time...do I need a revision?

Nose appears crooked after rhinoplasty

+1

You will still be experiencing swelling 3 weeks after rhinoplasty. In general, swelling can give the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. It can take up to 18-24 months to see the final result of your surgery. I would recommend giving it some time and see how you continue to heal, as your nose will continue to change. Your surgeon should be able to answer any questions you have in the meantime, as they know the extent of your surgery and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialist.com

Crooked nose after rhinoplasty

+1

It's too early to tell if you will need a revision. At three weeks there is still a significant amount of swelling and believe it or not the swelling can be asymmetric. I'm sure that you are seeing your surgeon regularly. I would express your concerns to them. Remember, final results are judged 6-12 months after surgery. Best of luck.

Brookline Plastic Surgeon

Nasal issues

+1

At three weeks after surgery, your nose is swollen and it will take a year and sometimes longer to improve. Give it time.

Nose looks VERY crooked after rhinoplasty. Will it straighten out or do i need a revision?

+1

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php