Nose Crooked After the Removal of Nose Implant

I had an extrusion of nose implant last Dec 2010. Hence I had it removed yesterday. However, it seem to be crooked to the right. And i find that my right nostril is kinda weird after the removal. Is it due to swelling and will my nose return to pre op state (though i understand not entirely due to the previous rhino surgery). But is it that bad after the removal of nose implant?? In addition, it was my first rhino surgery.

Nose Crooked after Implant Removal

+1

I would expect your nose to be crooked or asymmetrical immediately after removal of an exposed, infected implant. After swelling resolves, it is unlikely your nose will look like it did before implant placement. When healing is complete in 6-12 months, cartilage grafts with your own tissue can be used to revise the nose and replace the lost augmentation.

Nose crooked after implant removal

+1

If you had an implant extrusion and then removal, you have to give it some time for the nasal swelling to settle down, and then you may want to get a revision.

Nasal asymmetry after rhinoplasty and implant removal.

+1

Nasal asymmetry after rhinoplasty and implant removal is not unusual. The nose will change over the next 6 months. Then see an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon who can revise the nose using cartilage so this does not happen again.

Nose Crooked After Rhinoplasty and Removal of Implant

+1

Aloha Tj,

Not off to the best start as far as rhinoplasty experiences go, sorry for your complications.  It is still too early to predict how your nose will heal.  If it still bothers you 6 to 12 months after your last surgery, then consider revision surgery.  Always choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P 

Michael A. Persky, MD

Nose distorted after nasal implant removal

+1

In most instances your nose should revert back to its original appearance if the implant was the only intervention at the time of the orginal surgery. It is most likely the changes you are observing are due to swelling and it may take up to 3 months to evaluate the final appearance.

Difficult to predict results after removal of infected nasal implant

+1

It is highly likely that the swelling in your nose will improve as you heal following removal of an infected nasal implant. What is unclear is how much your nose will look like it did before that rhinoplasty. Sometimes tissue is removed prior to placement of the implant. Alternatively, infection and inflammation around the implant can sometimes cause contraction of the skin and soft tissue of the nose. Your best bet will be to let this heal completely and if you're unsatisfied with the appearance of your nose, find a qualified, experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon to perform revision surgery for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked Nose after Removal of Nose Implant

+1
Without a photograph, more details on the type of implant andhowit was placed and for what reason, it is impossible to advise you. It is safe to say that things wi;l improve as the swelling subsides over the next few months. However, only time will tell what was inflammation and what may be a permanent deformity. Dr. Peter Aldea