Nose & Chin Surgery At the Same Time? (photo)

I'm 39 and have always disliked the shape of my nose and chin. I would like to have rhinoplasty and chin reduction surgery. Is it possible to have these done at the same time? I've also noticed that my face looks flat and my lips are smaller. I'm confident, but I would like to have an aesthetically pleasing face.. Suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Nose and chin surgery

+1

Nasal reduction and shaping , in conjunction with a chin reduction will enhance facial apperance. You have a very nice smile and work on these two areas would compliment that smile.

Winter Park Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin surgery

+1

The combination of rhinoplasty and chin surgery can be performed together under one anesthesia. This is very common in our practice.  Virtual imaging is available on our website to give you an idea which are results might look like

Web reference: http://seattlefacial.com

Nose and chin surgery at the same time

+1

Rhinoplasty adn chin surgery are often performed at the same time, adn is recommended typically since you only are subjected to only one anesthesia.

I think your face looks flat because you lack adequate cheek definition.  You may also benefit from a lip enhancement.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com 

Nose and Chin Surgery Combination

+1

Not infrequently, surgery of the nose and chin are done at the same time because the aesthetic balance of one  effects the other.  Based on your photos, shortening and deprojecting the tip of your nose as well as deprojecting (reducing horizontally) your chin may be the right combination.  Depending upon how much you want to change your look, augmenting your lips +/- cheecks may also help bring your facial features into a near perfect aesthetic balance.  Make sure to consult with a board cetified surgeon that has experience in these procedures or one who at least does them in patneship with another surgeon (especially for the chin reduction).  Glad to help... @drryanstanton 

Web reference: HTTP://WWW.DRRYANSTANTON.COM

Nose & Chin Surgery At the Same Time?

+1

From the photos provided, the nose appears to have a nasal tip that is over-projected and under-rotated.  The chin is also over-projected and the cheeks appear to be quite flat (left more flat than the right).  These combined give an elongated appearance to the face.

While I frequently perform Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation, or Cheek Augmentation, but you would require a Chin reduction using a sliding Genioplasty.  The Chin Reduction is a bone cutting type of procedure and is typically done by Maxilofacial Surgeons.

I would suggest having the Rhinoplasty and the Cheek Augmentation (with fillers...I prefer Perlane, or Cheek Implants) first followed by the Chin Reduction in 3 months following the Rhinoplasty.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/Rhinoplasty.html

Rhinoplasty and chin surgery often complement each other.

+1

Yes, you would benefit from both a rhinoplasty and chin reduction.  Whether you can have the procedures done simultaneously depends on whether the surgeon is comfortable doing both.  Many plastic surgeons would be comfortable doing the nose surgery, but may refer you to a maxillofacial surgeon (one that does chin reductions with some regularity) for the chin reduction.  You need to have an expert doing both and if that is the same person, so much the better (but don't feel that this is mandatory).  Insist on seeing plenty of before and after photos.  Yes, some lip filler would look good.  I prefer fat injection.  I provided a link to my website so you can view photos of other women with similar noses.  If you like, you can also visit the fat injection section as well.

Web reference: http://www.swansoncenter.com/content/ideal-face/procedures/rhinoplasty/patient-photographs.asp

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Chin and Nose proportions

+1

Dear Jenine

• You were very perceptive to notice your lip proportions when discussing a rhinoplasty and chin procedure.
  • It is key to consider the overall changes to the proportions of your face (even considering your height) when planning these combined rhinoplasty / chin reduction procedures
  • Discuss the risks and benefits in detail during your consultation (s) and consider looking for computer imaging or morphing (this might help you make a decision with your surgeon)

Best Wishes

Web reference: http://drtravistollefson.com

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose & Chin Surgery At the Same Time?

+1

Yes, you can but you must know that they are two surgery, and the postop will be longer.

Spanish translation provided by doctor:

Si se puede, pero usted debe saber que el posoperatorio sera mas prolongado,

Argentina Plastic Surgeon

Yes you can

+1

You can have both procedure done at the same time (or multiple procedures done at the same time).  Who ever you choose to go to please review their before/after photos (make sure they show you at least three views from each patient - front/quarter turn/profile views) and make sure they show you the results of at least 15 similar cases. 

Rhinoplasty and Chin Reduction Done Together For Best Facial Profile Effect

+1

The combination of a nose and chin procedure is commonly done together for the best facial profile effect. Your combination of nasal shortening and deprojection combined with a horizontal chin reduction will make a very nice change in your profile. Those procedures should be first computer imaged to see how much change in the nose and chin you would like.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/nasal.html