Can I Get Nose, Chin and Cheeks Worked on at the Same Time?

I had surgery 6 months ago and it was a disaster so I am needing to get the surgeries rectified. It is my nose and chin. I am interested in buccal fat removal and I was wondering if I can get all done at the same time. The nose will need a lot of work due to the the poor job. I am so self-conscience that i want to get chin and buccal fat re moved now and the nose after 6 months cause i have to wait but was curious if all can be done at once and if it is a good idea?

Be careful to avoid a Revision of a Revision of a Revision...

+2

As frustrating as it may be to look at yourself and not act on it, it IS the best course of action. The operation with the best results is usually the first operation. Each revision operation adds more scarring, disrupts more of the blood supply and has more complications. It is best to allow up to a year for nose soft tissues to return to normal and thereby allow better revisions. You can use this time to collect your medical records and pick the surgeon who will repair the nose.

I would caution against buccal fat removal. It is an operation with a bad reputation because it brings about premature facial aging. It is indicated only in a small number of people with tremendous facial roundness "moon facies". In all others it results in a sick, starving, old appearance.

Nose, Chin and Cheeks Surgery

+1

It shouldn't be a problem to be done at same time, but speak to your surgeon to determine length of surgery to repair your nose. You don't want to add more surgeries to a lengthy nose job repair. Also wait one year before you proceed with nose revision surgery.

"Dr.D"

Web reference: http://www.capefearaesthetics.com/details/plastic+surgery-19/

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose, chin and cheek surgery done at the same time

+1

Yes, all of those surgeries can be done at the same time. However, we do recommend waiting at least one year after your nasal surgery prior to embarking on revision nasal surgery.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Multiple procedures treating nose, cheek, and chin.

+1

I would agree that you should generally wait approximately 1 year after a rhinoplasty to undergo a revision.  In terms of doing buccal fat and chin surgery in combination with the above procedure, I would discuss this with your surgeon. Some revision rhinoplasty procedures take 1-2 hours whereas others can take significantly longer in the range of 6-8 hours, Adding additonal surgical procedures to an already lengthy surgery may not be in your best interests.

Nose cheek and chin surgery

+1

You certainly can have a rhinoplasty cheek surgery ans chin surgery at the same time but I would caution having revisions done too early( less than 6 mos to a year)

Nose, cheek and chin surgery together

+1

They can all be performed at the same time. Be very careful though about the revision surgery. Each surgery can place you in a deeper hole with respect to the nose. Try to wait at least a year before redoing the nose and see a few surgeons before picking one. Actually see them then think about for a month or 2 before deciding. If you rush the vetting process you may end up regretting it.

Be careful about removing buccal fat because as  you grow older this fat will shrink. If you also remove some of it the aging process look can be accelerated i.e. you will appear to age faster. Sometimes it is better to augment the cheek bone area rather than remove the buccal fat.

I can't understand why you would need to remove chin fat. Are you trying to create a dimple? There is not that much fat directly on the chin and attempting a chin reduction by just removing fat over the chin would create other problems. If you remove some of the fat from just under the chin that is different as it is a common procedure with probably the best risk benefit ration in plastic surgery.

Aside from the result that you are unhappy with respect to the nose why did you not have the buccal fat and chin surgery done at the time of the nasal surgery. If these areas were of no concern before surgery but have become so afterwards due to your being more critical after surgery no surgeon should touch you until all possible non-surgical issues are addressed. This is very important!!

Simultaneous chin, nose, cheek surgery

+1

It is certainly possible to do all of this at the same surgery but you really need to discuss the pros and cons of the specific surgeries and whether one will affect the other to a degree that might be detrimental to the overall result. It is certainly more convenient and less expensive to go through one surgery than two but there are certain advantages if one is accepting of two stages since a surgeon might be a be able to predict or fine tune a result with the luxury of two operations.

Nasal,cheek and chin surgery can be done at the same time.

+1

I would advise against buccal fat removal since you will need that fat as you grow older. The other surgery can all be done at the same time, but I would see an experienced revsion rhinoplasty surgeon to get the best result. Wait at least 1 year before getting your nose revised.

Several facial procedures can be done at the same time.

+1

Hi.

1) I answered another of your questions.  You sound so distressed; you shoud proceed slowly.

2) You need a really through evaluation, and a very individual surgical plan.  Revision rhinoplasty and chin can be done together with removal of buccal fat, but you should know that removal of buccal fat is indicatd in only a few patients.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.