How much can a nose be changed with rhinoplasty? (photo)

For example, my nose is quite over-projected and convex. The bone between my eyes is thin, but gets wider near tip of the nose. My ideal nose shape would be similar to Candice Swanepoel's. It is relatively flat, very slightly curved and an even width from top to bottom. Would I be able to achieve something close to this nose shape with a rhinoplasty? I would also get a jaw/chin implant to create less of a receding line from the nose to chin.

How much can a nose be changed with rhinoplasty?

+2
A rhinoplasty could change the relative proportions as you have suggested.  A chin implant can be performed at the same time.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Depends

+2
How much a nose can be changed depends on the underlying anatomy, what is needed, patient expectations, and physical limitations. It is possible to alter several nasal dimensions and focal points including width, length, projection, hump, etc. Have a consultation with an experienced.....rhinoplasty surgeon. 

Phillip Langsdon, MD
Germantown Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Much Can A Nose Be Changed With Rhinoplasty?

+2
An exam is needed to determine the correct procedure to achieve your goal.  A chin implant can easily be done at the same time as a Rhinoplasty. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that specializes in Cosmetic Rhinoplasty to discuss your concerns and expectations.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Rhinoplasty dorsal convexity and chin implant

+1
The rhinoplasty procedure can address de-projecting  the overly projected nose and reducing the convexity of the nasal bridge. Narrowing the bridge of the nose is also accomplished with osteotomies. A chin implant can be performed same time to give more projection to the chin. The combination of de-projecting  the nose and projecting the chin  improves the facial balance significantly.