Can a Nose Change with Age?

When I was in middle school (6th grade) my nose was a little wide and bulbous. But now that I am in high school, it seems a lot more narrow and sharp. My bridge also seems significantly taller. Why did my nose change? Is it possible that my nose will continue to change? I just turned 16.

Does your nose change with age?

As we age, the skin in our face including our nose becomes thinner and over a period of years the tip of the nose "drops". Patients with naturally thinner skin (specific ethnicities) notice thinning of the skin over the nose from your 20s onwards and this can sometimes be seen with appearance of an irregular bridge or bump on the bridge of your nose. This bump may have always been present, however with thinning of the skin becomes more visible. In addition over a period of years the nasal tip attachments to the dorsum (or top of the nose) weakens and the tip starts to fall, this can be accelerated with injury and trauma to the nose. As the tip drops this may give the appearance that one is developing a bump.
With rhinoplasty the tip is lifted to a more youthful position, the bump disappears, and this can be achieved with a minor rhinoplasty, without surgery to the nasal bones, and rapid recovery.