Large Nose Bump, What Would You Recommend? (photo)

Hi there. So I have never been very satisfied with the way my nose looks. In general, it is rather large... and I have a bump that I have never liked.. especially from a side view. Based on my photos, if I were to have a rhinoplasty, what would be recommended to improve the overall appearance of this on my face? Thanks so much

How To Address A Large Nose With Irregularities

+1

Dear Eireann,

Based on your photos, it seems that aside the elimination of the nasal bump you could benefit from a bridge narrowing, a tip de-projection (including the fixing of your tip crease)  and an alar base reduction. So, overall your nose will look smaller and narrower.

With that perspective, it is crucial to note that your surgery is of a delicate nature and should be approached with careful planning to provide you with a "natural-looking" that fits your face and brings the beauty within your facial features.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.
Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Recommendation for nose with large bump

+1

The hump removal can certainly be a part of the rhinoplasty procedure to feminize and refine the nose.  Once the hump is removed, osteotomies will need to be performed.  A small amount of tip surgery may need to be performed to balance the tip with the remainder of the nose features. Shortening of the nose will also need to be performed to decrease the overall length and projection.   This can all be done through closed rhinoplasty techniques under a brief general anesthesia.

Large Bump

+1

After reviewing your photos it is quite clear that you would benefit from rhinoplasty surgery.

First of all the dorsal bump should be rasped down as well as shortening the length and rotating the tip up slightly. You need to schedule a consultation with a board certified surgeon for a proper examination. At that time you will get a better idea of how you can expect to look when the surgeon morphs your photos on the computer. You can also give him some ideas of how you would like your nose to look. He will let you know if your expectations are reasonable.

David Alessi, MD

Hump reduction or hump reduction with tip modification depends on your nose and your goals

+1

Based on your pictures, you are likely a candidate for rhinoplasty. In my opinion two options are possible for you based on these limited views: (1) a closed/endonasal rhinoplasty with hump reduction alone or (2) an open rhinoplasty with hump reduction and tip refinement. You need a thorough consultation and discussion with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine what's best for you. Good luck.

Steven Goldman, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Nasal hump and tip refinement

+1

Reducing a nasal bridge bump and raising the tip is the most common type of primary rhinoplasty performed.  Aesthetically, it makes your eyes stand out more by making your nose and central portion of your face less noticeable, thereby altering the balance of your face for what most people consider the better.  It is best to have a formal in-person evaluation to make sure you do not have underlying nasal structural or obstructive issues which can be worsened by rhinoplasty or which would need to be addressed concomitantly with your rhinoplasty.  Make sure you view many examples of your surgeon's work and make sure your surgeon is experienced in revision rhinoplasty as well.

Thomas T. Le, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal hump

+1

I agree that hump reduction and tip refinement, as well as some upward rotation of the tip would be what I would recommend based on the photos you submitted.  I can perform imaging in my office to show you what these changes would look like. 

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

You are a plastic surgeons dream

+1

When I see someone like yourself walk into my office I smile from ear to ear. I know when I see a nose like yours even tho you are striking to look at your nose"steals your beauty" It is an obvious change ; shorter, bump gone, tip refined An easy closed rhinoplast.You would look amazing

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Large Nasal Hump - Ptotic Overprojected Tip

+1

Hi,

From your pictures I would reduce your hump and rotate your tip. Also the tip cartilages may need some sculpting as well. Overall it wouldn't take much to refine the bridge and the tip. I can image your pics but I cant attach them to this page. Reach out me and I send them via my email.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Large Nose Bump, What Would You Recommend?

+1

Yes the photos show the need for a rhinoplasty. But the final decision is yours. Seek in person evaluation with boarded rhinoplasty docs.