Nose Bump Due to a Hit?

Hello, Three years ago in high school, my friend was running and hit my nose with his shoulder. The hit came directly at the upper part of my nose and I've had a nose bump there ever since. There was a little pressure that went away after two days, and no bleeding was present at the time. Are there any solutions other than surgery?

Nose Bump after Trauma

+1

Usually the bump is more amenable to rhinoplasty, but a filler if placed around the elevation can reduce its appearance.  An exam will be necessary to determine if that is even possible.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Help for Nasal Bump Without Surgery

+1

There are a few answers to your question. First, if the break of your nose that caused the bump also caused any anatomic problems like a deviated septum, you'll need surgery to correct this problem to help you breathe better. If, however, you just have a bump you'd like to camoflauge, the non-surgical nose job could work for you. By "filling the valleys to hide the hills" we can camoflauge deformities, giving the nose an overall more symmetric and thus smaller appearance. To determine if you're a good candidate, you'll need to visit a cosmetic surgeon or dermatologist who is knowledgable and experienced in using Radiesse for nasal filling. Best of luck!

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Nasal Bump from Trauma

+1

Depending on the situation of your nose, you might be a candidate for non-surgical rhinoplasty.  However, an evaluation of the inside and outside of your nose is recommended.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can help you achieve the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Possible nasal fracture

+1

It is common to receive a bump on the bridge of the nose after trauma. Injury to the upper lateral cartilage and bones can occur. Sometimes the bones are fractured and sometimes the cartilage becomes deviated. In most cases a large callus formed over the bridge at the junction between the bone and the cartilage. This is what most patient's recognize as bump on the bridge. Rhinoplasty is the only solution to this problem since his composed of bone and cartilage