What Can I Do for a Bulbous Nose?

Hi, I was wondering if there was a procedure for making the side of the nose smaller in my case. And if there is a procedure, does it stretch the face while smiling ? Thank you.

Rhinoplasty Rocks!

+3

As a Facial Plastic Surgeon Rhinoplasty is one of the most common procedure I perform. It can be done via an open approach thur a tiny incision at the base of your nose or in a closed approach where all incision are placed on the inside. I utilize both approaches in my practice and in particular to reconstruct your nasal tip I would recommend an open approach with cartilage removal and suture repair. Who ever you chose make sure they have lots of experience and critically review their before and after photos. Also don't forget to inquire about their revision rates. Enjoy the process and God Bless!

Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improving a bulbous nose

+1

A bulbous nose can be addressed through multiple different surgical techniques on the tip including tip suturing techniques and removal of cartilage from the tip itself. The operation of the rhinoplasty for a bulbous tip is a static operation and it will still stretch upon smiling but not as much as the preoperative condition.  

Improving a "Bulbous Nose"

+1

As others have stated, each rhinoplasty is individualized to meet the needs of that patient. You and your surgeon will decide if only the tip should be changed or if other parts of the nose need modification to achieve a balanced pleasing result. "Stretching" of the face with animation may occur temporarily secondary to normal post-op swelling.

Bulbous Nose Rhinoplasty for Narrowing Nasal Tip

+1

As plastic surgeons have already stated, cosmetic nasal surgery for a bulbous nose may be referred as tip rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty is not one operation, but many potential operations. Rhinoplasty surgery is unique for each person based on individual anatomy and personal goals. Cosmetic nose surgery to reduce a bulbous tip typically involves reducing the native cartilage of the tip of the nose. Tip rhinoplasty may be performed via an endonasal (closed) or open approach to refine and narrow the tip.

Narrowing the base of the nose or nostrils is referred to alar base reduction. Excess skin from the nostrils is removed, and incisions/sutures are required for this procedure. Only after a comprehensive evaluation by a rhinoplasty surgeon can he/she determine the appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty with narrowing of a bulbous tip can make the nose look better.

+1

Yes, a rhinoplasty or tip plasty can make the nose look more in proportion to the rest of your face. Make sure you choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon whose work you admire.

A Bulbous Nose tip is refined with a Customized Tip Rhinoplasty

+1

Every nose is individual and what is done would depend on YOUR specific features and what ideal nose you have in mind. The bulbous tip can be addressed with a set of operations referred to as TIP RHINOPLASTY in which the lower lateral cartilages of the nasal tip are refined and sculpted. Occasionally tip cartilages may have to be used as well. The operation is VERY satisfying and the vast majority of patients love it.

Tip rhinoplasty for bulbous nose tip

+1

There are a few options when it comes to thinning the tip of your nose (a "tip rhinoplasty"). Generally, this involves a cartilage graft to the tip and surgical manipulation of the existing cartilages as well as possible reduction of the nostrils.

Rhinoplasty for Tip Reduction

+1

What you are referring to is a rhinoplasty with special attention to the tip.  Different things can be done to make the tip narrow and more projection.

I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon to go over your rhinoplasty details.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Reducing a bulbous nose

+1

A rhinoplasty can improve a bulbous tip by refining the alar cartilages. If the nose is too wide, an alar base reduction can be performed.

Reducing the bulbous tip

+1

Reduction of the tip as in a bulbous one can be done to make the areas to the sides of the tip smaller and also project and define a bulbous tip. The procedure is often done in conjunction with other parts of the nose since generally speaking reducing the tip size and width should be accompanied by reducing the side walls and dorsum of the nose so that the profile is in proportion to the rest of the nose. The procedure is called a rhinoplasty and I would recommend seeing a facial plastic surgeon or a general plastic surgeon with expertise in rhinoplasty surgery. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon