Bridge Implant to Help "Lift" Nose?

I'm multiracial with soft features, so having a small refined nose would severely alter my face. So I'm interested in a bridge implant. Nothing drastic and I don't want a smaller nose at all, just a "lift." Would that be possible without "reshaping" my nose?

Implant for nasal bridge

+1

Based on the pictures presented, it is impossible to tell whether an implant would be required for your nose. With a better photograph you can go to our website, seattlefacial.com and use the application Face Touch Up to do your own computer imaging and get an idea of what you may look like prior to any consultation.

Bridge implant with natural graft material

+1

I really do not like synthetic implants for the bridge unless other techniques have failed or there is some compelling reason not to use diced cartilage and fascia.  It just works so well and the complications are much more manageable then say an extruding PTFE implant or other synthetic (silicone, etc.).  I find that this can give the nose all it needs to create better definition and better dorsal aesthetic lines.  

Jay Calvert, MD

Nasal Bridge Implants

+1

A nasal implant can be done, but we prefer to use the patient's own cartilage or fascia to avoid the possible complications associated with synthetic materials including infection and rejection. Discuss your goals carefully with an experienced surgeon.

Bridge implants for nose

+1

A dorsal onlay graft or as you said a bridge implant is very common for patients that have poor dorsal projection.  This will look better yet maintain your ethnicity.

Bridge implant to help "lift" nose

+1

Yes you can just "fill" the bridge only. I would recommend a filler first to see if you like the appearance. Than if you want a more permanent result consider silicone implant, cartilage grafts. Or even a long lasting filler like Artefill or PMMA.

From MIAMI DR. B

Yes, bridge implants can raise the bridge.

+1

To raise the bridge, some surgeons use silicone implants. These can get infected since they are foreign. We use cartilage grafts which rarely get infected and are from your nose on the inside. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Bridge Implant Without Reshaping the Nose

+1

Hi,

Yes it is possible to place a bridge implant to raise the nose without reshaping the other parts. Its best to have a computer imaging to show what your nose would look like after the surgery, this way you can determine how high to raise the bridge. I have several examples of this on my website.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS