What if my Nose Breaks Badly After Rhinoplasty?

i had my nose surgery,2 months ago.Now i have a query that wat if my nose breaks in an acciedent? Will it undo the results?

Nasal Trauma after Rhinoplasty

+1

There is always more risk of causing significant problems secondary to nasal trauma within 6 weeks of your rhinoplasty. After that, the risk is similar to your pre-operative exposure. Besides, it's too late to worry about that  - the surgery was done 2 months ago.

Trauma following a nose job

+1

If your nose breaks after a rhinoplasty it will need to be evaluated to determine the extent of the injury and what procedures, if any, are required to correct the problem.

Injury After Rhinoplasty

+1

Most certainly if you traumatize your nose two months after rhinoplasty then there is a very good possibility that you could have affected your result.  Have a reevaluation by your surgeon and then it is a waiting game for the swelling to resolve to view the final result.

Be Careful!

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Trauma After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Dhiraj,

It depends on the accident...if it is very severe, or fatal then you won't have to worry about your nose.  Ask a silly question, get a silly answer.  One month after rhinoplasty the nasal bones are healed.  If trauma would have broken your nose before your surgery, it will break it after, if it wouldn't have, it won't.  Next question.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Nose surgery

+1

Your nose will not be as "strong" after a rhinoplasty but it would still require quite a bump in order for it to break.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon