Nose Blocked at Night 4 Weeks After Septoplasty and Turbinectomy and Very Dry Pharynx and Mouth. Recommendations?

Hi, I had septo and tb done 4 weeks ago. When I sleep on my right side or on the back my right nostril gets blocked and the left one's half blocked. I was breathing better right after the op. I believe it shouldn't be like this after 4 weeks. I rinse with NeilMed and get no or very little of green discharge. I get v. dry mouth at night and broken voice in the morning. Although I breathe through the nose, not mouth. This wakes me up constantly. Can't sleep properly. Should I be alarmed by now?

Septoplasty Complications

+1

Septoplasty and turbinate surgery are performed to improve your breathing.  If you are still having problems, you should see your surgeon.  Common causes for this in the post op period include, swelling, crusting, persistent deviation, reflux, and pyogenic granuloma.  Until you can get in for an appointment, try using ointment in the nose at night.  You will need to be generous; about a quarter of an inch each nostril.

Joseph Campanelli, MD   Midwest Facial Plastics  St Paul, MN

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon