Will Nose Bleeds or Swelling Affect Rhinoplasty Results?

I went through nose surgery seven days ago and I am very eager to get back into my cardio and weight lifting regimen. I understand that nose bleed and swelling are the major drawbacks of physical exercise post-rhinoplasty. How detrimental can these drawbacks be for the final result of my surgery? I am VERY satisfied with my rhinoplasty, and I do not want to do anything to jeopardize the final result. However, if uncomfortableness is the only side effect of a nose bleed, than I am willing to deal with that.

Nose Bleeds & Swelling after Rhinoplasty

+2

The straight-forward answer is maybe. Why take any chances after the time and money you've already invested and possibly cause problems with a surgical result which will last the rest of your life? Follow the instructions of your surgeon. I've had professional athletes, whose professional well-being is influenced by their conditioning, follow recommendations and successfully return to their careers. If they can do it, what is your excuse?.

How soon to exercise after rhinoplasty

+2

I recommend to my patients to refrain from exercise for two weeks after rhinoplasty. If there is significant bleeding which requires packing placement, the surgical results could be compromised. So I suggest you follow your surgeon's recommendations. A couple of weeks of rest is a small price to pay for a life long result from your surgery.

Post-rhinoplasty activity

+1

It's great that you are thrilled with your results, so slow down and let your body heal for another week prior to getting back into cardio.  While it would be unusual for a nosebleed to affect final results, you would probably notice increased swelling if this were to occur.  Please speak with your surgeon prior to returning to significant physical activity.  Best wishes, /nsn.

Nose bleeds and swelling affect rhinoplasty results

+1

Easy answer YES! But ask your operative surgeon for their recommendations. I always want NO ACTIVITY for 3 weeks after a rhinoplasty.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Wait before exercising

+1

Come on, Dark. Do you mean to tell me you can't go another week without exercising. Even if it means you will ruin the result. What did your plastic surgeon say? If he wants you to wait, then wait! If the nose bleeds you may have to have it packed which could harm your beautiful result.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon