My Nose is Bleeding 11 Days After Rhino, What Should I Do?

My nose has started bleeding 11days after rhino surgery. This is the 2nd nose bleed in one night I woke up at 4am with another nose bleed. I am apply to get the nose to stop bleeding but I am super concerned, my DR is on holidays should I go the the e.r or is this normal for my nose to be bleeding off and on??

Post rhinoplasty bleeding

+1

It all depends on the extent of the bleeding.  Small amounts are common with healing mucosa.  If it is more pronounced there could be a vessel that may need treatment.  Use nasal saline to control drying and crusting.  Donald  R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Post-rhinoplasty bleeding

+1

It really depends upon the extent of bleeding. Often this is due to crusting.  However, your doctor should have coverage while he is out of town.  If the bleeding is severe, then you may want to consider a trip to the ER.

Bleeding

+1

If you van control the bleeding please do so. This may only represent some latent crusts sloughing off. My experience with er docs gettinginto post  op rhinoplasty issues is not good

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com