Nose Too Big and High at the Bridge - I Am Very Worried

I just had a tip plasty about 1 week ago after 3 revisions done to my nose. He replaced my silicon with goretex. Apparently, the goretex is bigger and thicker than my silicon. He built a tip using my ear cartilage. Now, my whole nose looks bigger and more prominent than my previous nose. I asked the doctor about the broadness and height of my nose. He said it was too early to tell. Do you think my nose will grow smaller after 6 weeks? At what percentage will it grow smaller?

Too early to tell

+2

You need to wait at least 6 months to see what you will end up with; and in cases of revision surgery and use of grafts maybe as long as one year.

Revision rhinoplasty

+2

Your are very early to be worried. Goretex typically is softer, less rigid and more compressible then silicone so you should expect things to settle after a few months.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silicon replacement in nose

+2

You are way too earky to judge. I prefer gortex over silicon but, also prefer septal cartilage if available to ear cartilage>

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Nose Too big One Week after rhinoplasty

+2

Hi,

After 3 revisions and an implant replacement...1 week is definitely too early to tell anything...It will take 6 to 12 months for the swelling to subside...

Give it some more time..

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS