Nose Too Big and High at the Bridge - I Am Very Worried

I just had a tip plasty about 1 week ago after 3 revisions done to my nose. He replaced my silicon with goretex. Apparently, the goretex is bigger and thicker than my silicon. He built a tip using my ear cartilage. Now, my whole nose looks bigger and more prominent than my previous nose. I asked the doctor about the broadness and height of my nose. He said it was too early to tell. Do you think my nose will grow smaller after 6 weeks? At what percentage will it grow smaller?

Too early to tell

You need to wait at least 6 months to see what you will end up with; and in cases of revision surgery and use of grafts maybe as long as one year.

Revision rhinoplasty

Your are very early to be worried. Goretex typically is softer, less rigid and more compressible then silicone so you should expect things to settle after a few months.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silicon replacement in nose

You are way too earky to judge. I prefer gortex over silicon but, also prefer septal cartilage if available to ear cartilage>

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Nose Too big One Week after rhinoplasty

Hi,

After 3 revisions and an implant replacement...1 week is definitely too early to tell anything...It will take 6 to 12 months for the swelling to subside...

Give it some more time..

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS