What Will Make my Nose Look Better?

My Nose is Awful, Big & Bulbous, Crooked, Hanging Columella, Retracted Ala, over Projected & Not Rotated! Please Guide Me! 

I DESPISE my nose. I wish I was joking but I've had rhinoplasty. Is that step offs? It's crooked & bulbous. My columella looks too straight & raw & shows so much especially when I smile. Nostrils flare & rise. low nasio-labial angle, needs rotation!

Too projected, looks so long especially when I look down. WIDE. Weird extra skin on side walls. PLEASE help advise! Alar base reduction? Does cutting septal depressor muscles work? Would osteotomies reduce width and pull skin tighter? Oh goodness!

Unhappy with nose!

+1

Oh goodness, I don't know where to begin either!  You are obviously a well educated patient, and identify your anatomic complaints in articulate aesthetic terminology.  The pictures are helpful, and if your rhinoplasty was recent, wait further to see the final result.  If it has been longer than a year, and you are as dissatisfied as you sound, consider revision.  The revision should be very carefully planned to improve upon each of the areas you are displeased with.  During consultation, feel very comfortable that you are communicating well with your surgeon, and that you understand the rationale for the operative plan, expected results, and possible complications... to avoid another disappointment.  In my opinion, open approach recommended for a higher level of precision.

Nasal Appearance

+1

I'm sorry you had an unsuccessful experience with your first rhinoplasty. Your pictures are not clear but you have multiple problems as you describe in your post. Your  nose can be improved, but you need to consult with an experienced revission rhinoplasty surgeon to examine you, discuss alternatives, and establish reasonable expectations. 

Revison Rhinoplasty questions

+1

From the pictures, it appears that you have excess scar tissue over the tip and supratip areas although, without examing your nose, this is difficult to confirm.  To reduce the bulbous appearance, to the tip, the excess scar tissue and any residual tip cartilage would need to be removed.  The columellar area appears to have a somewhat straightened, not gentle curved, appearance that may have been a result of the open Rhinoplasty.  There also seems to be a dorsal hump further up the nose but the photos are not the best for analysis of that area.

If you are unhappy, you have three choices:

1. Do nothing, see if the nose changes or you no longer are troubled by what you see.
  2. Go back to the Rhinoplasty surgeon that did your Rhinoplasty and ask him/her for advice on further thinnning, etc.
  3. Have several consultations with Rhinoplasty surgeons with good reputations that are well trained and highly qualified in Revision Rhinoplasty to ask for their opinions on how to improve the appearance of your nose.