Possible to Get a Better Looking Nose but Look Less Attractive?

I have droopy nose tip , a little hump , flaring nostrils and generally unattractive looking nose. But I consider myself good looking from frontal view. I saw the computer changes with my surgeon from profile view , and I looked much better. But I am afraid that my nose , maybe giving me some good looking characteristics. I am afraid that I change it , and look plain. Do my concerns have some grounds?

Rhinoplasty, Beverly Hills Rhinoplasty, Nasal Refinement, Nose Job,Beverly Hills Rhinoplasty, Los Angeles Rhinoplasty

+2

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and the purpose of a Rhinoplasty is to give the patient a more attractive nose that appears natural and not-operated.  Having a natural, more attractive nose can't and won't ever do anything but improve the appearance of the face.

You may want to read my new book on the aesthetics of beauty, "What's Your Number..the palmer code",  where I outline the beauty features of the face and body and their relative importance in making one perceived as male, female, attractive or less so.  Facial beauty is defined by the Cheeks, Eye Area and Lips with the nose carrying a supportive role.  The nose  should be sleek and un-observed, so the top three aesthetic facial features shine through.  therefore, having a twisted, large or somehow less than ideal nose can't make you more attractive.

If however, you like the character of your nose, by all means you shouldn't change it with a Rhinoplasty.

Newport Beach Rhinoplasty and looking better

+1
In reviewing your photographs it is my opinion that you would have a nice improvement in your appearance from rhinoplasty surgery. The digital imaging should have been able to help you see the proposed results and this should allow an open discussion with your surgeon of your concerns and desires, it is always important in a male Rhinoplasty especially to make small refinements while keeping the general appearance of the nose natural. The nose needs to fit the facial structure and make sure that you are on the same page with your surgeon as to the aesthetic result you desire.

Michael Elam, MD

Will Rhinoplasty Improve your Appearance

+1

The appearance of your nose will improve with a rhinoplasty . However you are correct - it may change your character and "personality". This will be a very personal decision. It is good that you've had the opportunity to see the new look with computer imaging.

Better looking nose.

+1

You need to discuss these issues with Dr. Hoda in Alexandria. He will give you an honest answer and i think your nose will look better.

Would you look better after rhinoplasty?

+1

Since you have seen the computer images, you should carefully decide why you have considered to have rhinoplasty in the first place? Do you think there is a problem that can be solved with this operation or not? Cosmetic surgery may improve or correct most deformities but it may or may not improve perceptions one may have about one's appearance.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty but maybe less attractive

+1

Hi,

This a very good question. The computer imaging should have given you some indication of which looks better the before or after. Its really a very personal opinion that you may have answer for yourself. From a purely aesthetic point of view your nose can be made to look more proportionate to your face. Whether it looks better or not is a question you have to answer yourself.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

The better looking nose may not be who you are

+1

It is true that rhinoplasty can give you a better looking nose. There can be a fear of a loss of the real you as you change your features for an 'ideal' look. There are many celebrities, politicians, performers, all who carry imperfections in their look and nasal features and are not held back, and for some it can be a defining feature, what makes them who they are. Take your time deciding what is the best you.

peterejohnsonmd