Asymmetry After Rhinoplasty

I had a Rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago and I'm noticing obvious asymmetry. One side of the nose is longer than the other, and one side looks normal while the other looks piggy. The nostrils are slightly different too. What is going on, and what can be done about this?

Early appearance of nose

+1

It is not uncommon to focus on the nose and be unaware of pre-existing asymmetry.

Is it overall better or worse than when you started?

Having said this, there are many reasons why it could temporarily uneven and that includes swelling that can be caused by the way you sleep or lean your head.

There is also the possibility that these asymmetries will not resolve and will persist.

Keep in close contact with your surgeon, relate your concerns, and listen to their advice. If it does not improve discuss revisionary surgery at 6 months (minimum) and/or contemplate a second opinion.

You will know in 3 months.

+1

Hi. Unfortunately, initial asymmetry usually persists. But it is much too early to tell for sure, so be optimistic!

If you do want a touch up, wait at least 6 months.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

It is best for you to wait to judge this.

+1

This is way too soon to be concerned about this. The items you mentioned are due to swelling. It will take 6-12 months to see your final, more symmetrical result.