Nose Asymetry Post Rhinoplasty? (photo)

October 2012 - first surgery. Nose came out deformed (see att). February 2013 - revision rhinoplasty. This time the nose came out better but the asymetry still persists. It is now more than 4 months after the revision and I still have pain (top left) and irregularities (top left and bottom right) which feel hard and I am not sure if they are swelling, scar tissue or cartilage. Not happy with the result so far but don't really want another surgery. Please advise.

Nose asymmetry following rhinoplasty

+1

Your nose shows an improvement from your first procedure, and will continue to change over time. Swelling following surgery can create the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. In general, it can take up to 18-24 months to see the final result of a rhinoplasty, and this is especially the case if your procedure was a revision. I would recommend giving it some time and see how you continue to heal. In the meantime, your surgeon should be able to address any of your concerns. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery. 

Asymetry After Rhinoplasty

+1

I would agree with the two doctors that posted earlier.  I think you have made very good progress with your revision procedure.  Things will continue to improve to at least one year post procedure - or even longer for some. 

Douglas L. Vander Woude, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Post revision rhinoplasty

+1

It is too early to see the final result, but overall I think you have a significant improvement from your first rhinoplasty.

Nose Asymmetry Post Rhinoplasty?

+1

The nose is much improved with the revision, and it is too early to assess the final result.  Do not think about a revision for at least 6 months to a year.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA