Nose Too Low After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Hello, im 25 years old i had rhinoplasty surgery 12 days ago. My nose was very fat and i have think skin. My surgeon made my nose smaller and to add more definition he added graft from my nose. The nose seems too low now and the tip is not straight at the top from profile. Could you please tell me will my nose get a bit higher? And will my tip get smaller? Will it stay so pointy?

Results Of A Recent Rhinoplasty

+2

Dear Leila,

Usually, it takes about 12 months for the end-results of a rhinoplasty to get established but in your case you have to anticipate a little bit more since you have a thick nasal skin.

That being said, it is too early to project how your results will look like and currently your nose is swollen. It seems that you have had an aggressive procedure as the bruises show in the photos and so you will need to rest and relax following your surgeon's instructions religiously. 

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Nose Too Low After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

+2

It is way too early for you to know the final shape of your nose. It takes 6 months to a year or the final result. Being that said you should have a good idea at about 6 months how things will be. Your pictures are limited but there would naturally be more swelling in the beginning and so as that resolves the tip should shrink some. If you have thick skin it can be harder to see the effects of our suturing techniques that refine and change the tip. Just give this time. Be up front with your surgeon. With respect to length of the nose it is also still early to know but as swelling decreases the length may also change some. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Recent rhinoplasty

+2

It is way too early to determine the final shape of you nose. You will have changes for greater than one year after surgery.  This is especially true for thicker skin.  Give it time and discuss with your surgeon your concerns.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD