Kinda Dry and Weird Tip, Would Hyaluronic Acid Help?

Nose After 12 Months of Surgery. I don't know is it a scar tissue or what, its hard, when I press it it softens but goes back being hard in minutes, just after my surgery the whole area of the bottom of my nose was like this, now its only on the very tip and the are between the nostrils, what i was doing is i had a open rhinoplasty to reduce the tip and narrow the nose in the area of the tip (bridge remained untouched), i can't get to my surgeon because he's 1000miles away, could anyone help me? thanks

Hyaluronic Acid for "Weird" Tip

+1

Although we tell patients it takes about a year to see the final result ater rhinoplasty, in some patients, especially those with thick skin, it can take a lot longer. It sounds like there is residual edema. I would not suggest fillers such as hyaluronic acid  ( Juvederm & Restylane ) at this time. Be patient and consult with a physician in your area or e-mail pictures to your surgeon.

Rhinoplasty firm at tip

+1

Rhinoplasty is about the slowest healing procedure we do. It is a combination of slow resolution of swelling, that very small volumes making visible and palpable differences, and that the area is located in the middle of the face.

While you will read that it takes a year for rhinoplasty to heal, it can take longer for all the swelling to resolve, especially in the areas you describe. I cannot be certain without seeing you, but it sounds like you still have swelling in the tip of your nose. It tends to feel firm and often the sensation is still decreased when the swelling is present. 

When you compress the tip, you are massaging fluid out of the tip, so it feels softer. When the fluid returns the tip gets firm again. The best treatment is time. Massaging can help. Hyaluronic acid is used to fill defects on the nose. If there are depressions this can help. If you concern is the firmness, it will make things worse.

I am making an educated guess; however, the only way to know for certain what is going on is to see a qualified surgeon in person.

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscoplasticsurgeryblog.com/rhinoplasty-and-chin-augmentation-san-francisco/

Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Hard nose

+1

In most cases, it takes about 12 months for the nose to soften.  As you said a lot of the nose softened but the areas you described are still firm. They may also soften with  more time.