I Am 25 5'4 and 140 Lbs and I Wear a 32H(UK) Bra. Good Candidate for Breast Reduction? Where Do I Begin?

Hello, I'm 25 years old and 5'4/140 lbs and I wear a 32H(UK) bra. I have always had large breasts and as of the past couple years have an unrelated back injury. I am in pain every day and I am certain that they exacerbate the situation. I like to be active (rock climbing, running, martial arts) and it is uncomfortable, restricting and makes me feel self-conscious. I don't know where to start. I don't make a lot of money, but a decent bit and have insurance. Should I get a BR? Where do I start?

Breast reduction

+1

If you desire a breast reduction the best place to "start" if by having a consultation with a plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

Based on your description, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. This operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. 

The best place to start would be with consultation with well experienced plastic surgeons. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and communicate your goals carefully. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more about breast reduction surgery, as well as the potential risk/complications associated with the procedure.

Sometimes, breast reduction surgery is “covered” through health insurance. You will need to check with your insurance company directly to see whether your policy covers this operation. They will also be able to tell you whether you will have any direct responsibility/expenses if you choose to undergo this procedure.
The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm