Eye Treatment - Range of Solutions? (photo)

After a stressful year, I've noticed my eyes change dramatically. The skin appears to have lost volume / fat and/or experienced loosening. At the recommendation of my dermatologist, she injected Restalyn with terrible results. The filler was placed below the tear troughs and didn't change things a bit. I had a different doctor remove the filler. Should I explore ultherapy, fractional CO2, fat transfer? Filler but with a more experienced doc? I'm reluctant to pursue surgical options.

Treatment of eyelids

+2

You have very deep set eyes which will accentuate the aging process around the eyes.  You will probably need to look at subtle use of a combination of products to improve the overall appearance.   From a surgical standpoint I would be encouraging you to see someone to discuss a brow lift in preference to an upper lid bleph.  Judicious use of Botox for the crows feet and even a bit into the lower lid to relax the muscle there as well as careful placement of a deep dermal filler on the upper margin of the malar bone will help to soften those lines around the eyes.  As a final consideration look into periorbital eye rejuvenation using ablative erbium laser to tighten that skin just a bit.  Good luck!

Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Non surgical eyelid treatment

+1

Thank you for your question. Based on your pictures, you would greatly benefit from a combination of a brow lift, upper & lower eyelid lift. However, I understand your hesitation to proceed with a surgical treatment.  Non-surgically, you would benefit from Juvederm, Botox for your Crow’s Feet.  Exilis can Treat your Lower Eyelid. Exilis is a non-surgical skin tightening treatment for around the eyes. Here in our Atlanta office, we have found many patients achieve great skin tightening results with no downtime. Exilis promotes collagen formation which assists in tightening the skin and getting rid of the fine lines & wrinkles.

Please note that this response or any answer provided here does not constitute medical advice, patient-doctor relationship, or a replacement for a local visit with a licensed medical professional. All feedback is for information and entertainment purposes only.

Stanley Okoro, MD

Eye treatment

+1

It looks like you have loose skin especially of the lower lids.  You may be a good candidate for skin excision.

Non-invasive Eyelid Treatments

+1

The  most effective and long lasting treatment would be an upper and lower lid blepharoplasty.  If you are stuck on non-invasive treatments, then I would suggest Botox of your crow's feet and a filler such as Juvederm Ultra XC or Restylane injected very conservatively.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD