Will Changing from 320cc to 250cc Give Me More of a Sporty Look? (photo)

I am 6 weeks post op BA. I received Sientra 320cc under the muscle via the crease incision. I went into this wanting sporty breasts. Just wanted a little volume. I was told from the office that anything much smaller than what I was geting was really not even worth it. Why do surgeons and staff feel that everyone wants big boobs? I'm now a 34DD and very unhappy. Will changing to 250 give me more of a sporty look? Have I stretched things out too much with 320?? They look great, but just too big.

Sientra Breast Implants

+1
Hi Mommy,
You would want to bring in several photos of the ideal look you desire.  Sporty is a word, and it is hard to know exactly what that means to you.  Picking the right size in the hardest decision, so sorry this is a pain.  Most women eventually wish they were bigger one year postop, 90%.  So you could wait a while.  Your self image usually settles in at 12 weeks.  You really look great, too. Finally, you don't look droopy preop, and I would doubt you will have trouble from you skin envelope being stretched out.  Many of the answers below are excellent, so be sure to go over them, too.  I would hold off for now.  All the best, "Dr. Joe"

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Changing to a Smaller Breast Implant

+1
A thorough discussions with the surgeon, and not just his consultant, can ensure that the patient gets the breast size that she desires. In our office we spend considerable time communicating with the patient to ensure that miscommunication does not occur regarding the expected outcome. In your particular case you ought to wait at least 3-4 more month before considering a revision. Downsizing to a smaller implant can definitely be done, assuming the surgeon pays attention to the proper adjustment of the breast implant pocket.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Downsizing breast implants

+1

From your photos, it looks to me like your implants are riding too high which gives you a unnatural shape and unnatural position of your nipples.  I think either going to a smaller implant or revising the position of these implants would give you a more natural look.  I doubt if your size or shape is going to change very much given the type of implants you have. 

Also, I am not using the form stable implants (Sientra or the Natrelle 410) because they are so firm and don't move like normal breast tissue.  I know these implants are really being hyped big time but I'm not sure they are going to turn out to be such a great thing. Check out my blog on this topic.

Getting the size just right can be very tricky, even when patients try on implants in the office.  I would hope that you can discuss your dissatisfaction openly and honestly with your plastic surgeon.  We all have patients who are disappointed and it is the goal of every plastic surgeon to get the patient to a result they are happy with. 

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Will Changing from 320cc to 250cc Give Me More of a Sporty Look?

+1

The implant can be downsized if you would like, but I would wait at least a few more months before undergoing another surgery.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast revision surgery

+1

First, I would like to say that I think you have a very nice result.    Second, there is probably still some swelling which should come down in the next few months.  But, if you are unhappy with the volume, then I would consider smaller implants as you requested.

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me (Revisionary Surgery)?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures but despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with precise enough advice.  One of the keys to achieving the results you are looking for will be clear communication with your plastic surgeon.

This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “sporty look" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.