Acne Scar Help: Tried Fractional Laser (Co2 and Matrix) Considering Filler?

I have shallow depressions on both cheeks. I need someone in Nj area who can. Help. I have tried many lasers and they still show. These marks bother me. All the time. http://www.realself.com/question/rid-pockmarks-icepic-holes-face-afford. I am looking for someone who does the micro injections noted on this link (non permanent) or tca cross. I am sure another co2 will be money wasted.

Acne Scars on the Cheeks

+1

For shallow acne scars localized to the cheeks, I find that the best treatment is the FAST method of fractional CO2 laser.  This is different than traditional fractional CO2 laser resurfacing, because only the localized scars are treated.  This technique allows us to use very aggressive treatment levels, while still providing a safe treatment, and shorter downtime that with traditional fractional CO2 resurfacing.  I encourage you to explore this option; we developed this technique (FAST is an acronym for Focal Acne Scar Treatment) for patients like you who have not seen significant improvement from traditional resurfacing techniques and have only focal areas of acne scarring.  Interestingly, we were inspired by the TCA CROSS technique (using high concentrations of TCA to treat only the acne scars, not the entire face), but find that lasers work better than TCA for most scars.

Acne scars on cheeks

+1

This is a common and frustrating problem. For SHALLOW scars, CO2 laser resurfacing is usually very effective. Alternatively, dermabrasion (not to be confused with microdermabrasion) and TCA peels can be used.

Robert S. Bader, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon