Lift Vs BA Vs Nothing Vs LIFT and BA? (photo)

I am 27, no kids but a large amount of weightloss. 5'8 146lbs. I'm not sure if I need a lift or not, but think I do want implants. What size I am not sure. I would love to maybe stay a D or DD At my largest I was a pretty full 42 DD now I'm empty 34D. Do I look like I need a lift. I always had fairly teardrop shaped boobs. never very perky. The only thing im scared of is the full anchor lift. Also does over or under muscle really matter much.

Lift Vs BA Vs Nothing Vs LIFT and BA?

+2

After your successful weight loos you deserve nice looking breast. Doing the breast augmentation without the lift will produce big saggy breast .

Your best results will be obtained with BA/ lift  . You have enough tissue to get the implants under the gland / under the muscle ( Discuss pros and cons on your personal consultation ) . 

Best wishes 

Breast augmentation and breast lift?

+2

If you only underwent augmentation, the nipples would be very asymmetric in terms of height.  I would recommend you at least have a peri-areolar ("donut") mastopexy on your right side.  Under or over the muscle placement must be personalized to a woman's desired end look and lifestyle.  For example, if you like doing chest workouts, you will have undesirable animation deformity when flexing.  If you don't like working your pecs, then go under the muscle.  Hope this helps.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
If you want to improve shape and size you need a lift and an implant. The anchor would likely be best and you shouldnt worry about the scar because the extra scar is under your breast 

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Avoid over implantation to “lift” breast

+1
Women are scared of the full anchor lift technique. That technique was developed in 1956, produces nipple numbness and the inability to breast feed. Newer techniques have been developed, which avoid the ugly vertical scars. If you are satisfied with your size (34 D) then you would only need The Ultimate Breast Lift. This technique will reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection. If you want to increase your size then implants can be placed simultaneously. However, an implant by itself would be a disaster. The most important component of your surgery will be the lift. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Lift Vs BA Vs Nothing Vs LIFT and BA?

+1

Congratulations on your significant weight loss. Based on your history  and pictures, I think you will do well with breast augmentation/lifting surgery. You will not do well with breast augmentation surgery alone.

There are pros and cons to the placement of breast implants in the “sub muscular” position versus the "sub glandular position”.    I will try to outline some of the differences here;  you may find the attached link helpful as well.

I think it is in the best interests of most patients seeking breast augmentation surgery to have implants placed in the “dual plane” or sub muscular position. This includes athletic patients.
The submuscular positioning allows for more complete coverage of the breast implants leading to generally more natural feel/look  of the implants in the long-term. This position will also decrease the potential for rippling and/or palpability  of the implants (which may increase with time, weight loss, and/or post-pregnancy changes).

The submuscular positioning  also tends to interfere with mammography less so than breast implants in the sub glandular position. The incidence of breast implant encapsulation (capsular  contraction)  is also decreased with implants placed in the sub muscular position.

On the other hand,  sub glandular breast implant positioning does not have the potential downside of “animation deformity” ( movement/ distortion of the breast implants  seen with flexion of the  pectoralis major muscle)  that can be seen with breast implants placed in the sub muscular position.

Overall,  after considering pros/cons carefully, I find that there are  many advantages to placement of breast implants in the sub muscular ( dual plane)   position.

The best (general) online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

For some patients the necessity of  scars  associated with breast lifting surgery is a “dealbreaker” ; for these patients it is better to avoid breast surgery altogether.

On the other hand, many patients (If properly selected and who are doing the operations at the right time of their lives  psychosocially) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do in the field of plastic surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.