Saline Breast Implants 16 Years Ago - Illness?

I was 19 when I had the breast implants and now I am 35 years old, for the past 6 to 7 years I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, check for MS, blood work is all normal except the CRP which I believe check for infection in the body is always high 78 and higher, I am always on an antibiotic for sinus infections, I have been diagnosed with IBS, I seem "normal" on the biaxin which I have found works the best, but two weeks after being on several different the symptoms, fever, night sweats come back.

Implants and Night Sweats

+1

Implants that have been in for a long time are not the likely source for all of these manifestations.  However, the implants can always be removed if other sources are rule out.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast implants Los Angeles, CA

Implants don't cause diseases in other body systems, but...

+1

talk to your plastic surgeon if you have any further concerns and to verify you do not have an infection of any implant (highly unlikely). 

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Saline breast implants do not cause any known human illness

+1

Saline and silicone gel breast implants have been extensively studied worldwide and are not known to cause any illness. The symptoms you describe will take careful analysis by your primary care physician and a rheumatologist.