When will the swelling go down on the tip of my nose after rhinoplasty? (Photo)

I am on the verge of crying as I am typing this. I recently had rhinoplasty five days ago. The cast that covered my nose only covered the bridge. When the doctor took the cast off my tip stuck out. I am so scared it's going to stay like this. Will the swelling go down or will the tip just stay like this after a month. I also did not have my tip worked on during rhinoplasty.

Nose Swelling is normal after rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question!

It is understandable that you are a concerned with what you feel and see after your rhinoplasty. Changes after rhinoplasties vary with every patient and edema is anticipated and it tends to mask and distort that actual results of your surgery. I would say that you should take it easy on yourself and let the swelling subside.

Therefore, it is way to early to pass a judgement. Usually, a year is required before formulating how your nose will be. Even then, your nose will keep shaping itself and to complement your face for better results in the years to come.

My best recommendations at the moment is to be patient, allow nature to take its course and edema subsides for better results. There is no doubt that once the swelling subsides, more definition and shape will be achieved and you should be happier with the results.

Also, it is important that you keep communicating with your surgeon and work as a team together to achieve the best results possible.

Congratulations on your surgery and please remain positive!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS