7 Weeks Post Op. Bottoming Out? (photo)

I had 325cc saline implants done on February 25th. My left breast has seemed larger within a few weeks fallowing my surgery. When brought to my surgeons attention he said they looked good an noone else but me would notice, I disagree. But now I wonder if my left breast is bottoming out? When looking at the top it seems to be way lower then my right and I still have pain on that side at times.

Breast Enhancement

+1
I tell everyone that if they are asymmetric going in 100% will be asymmetric coming out, take a look at some pre-op pics it may be that the breast was lower than the other. That being said if at 6 months there is actual evidence of bottoming out I am sure your surgeon will fix it!

Bottoming out on left side?

+1

Pain and swelling are expected to be different between breasts at this point 7 weeks post-op, and it will take about 7 months to reach your "final" appearance.

You do look good, and I can see why your surgeon is minimizing the perceived asymmetry at this early point in your recovery. I do see what you are describing, but I wonder if you had asymmetry pre-operatively? or if you looked at your breasts as critically before surgery as you now are doing? Every woman has some degree of asymmetry, and many have significantly more asymmetry than you presently have. Certainly with breast surgery we strive to decrease any residual asymmetry. But Jello-mold identical is simply an unrealistic expectation.

Other than wearing your left bra strap a bit tighter than your right, only time will tell if you end up with this or even more asymmetry, and whether or not you wish to consider surgical revision at that point.

But if you were my patient right now, I would  consider an elastic bandeau worn (at night only) above your right breast and below your left breast ("Mexican gun belt" style) and safety pin the band to a T-shirt worn over the band. This will help to even-out your breasts by holding your left one up and assisting your right one to drop into a more symmetrical position. But you could end up with both too low, especially if you like your right breast now.

If that is the case, only surgical revision to raise the left pocket can address this concern. But not until you get to your final position and your surgeon knows just how much to tighten the one side. (And you see if the right one drops also, just at a slower rate!)

I actually agree that no one else (but you) is likely to notice the asymmetry you presently exhibit--we all tend to be our own worst critics! Even an intimate partner would not say anything but WOW at how you look now. You are certainly entitled to dislike your present degree of asymmetry--it's your body and your money you spent--but don't be too hard on yourself or your surgeon. This really is a splendid result overall, even with the very real asymmetry you have. Be patient for now and consider the band (but ask your surgeon). Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Your pictures are not showing bottoming out

+1

You have great results based on your pictures. Your nipple position and breast shape are good. You have very thin breast tissue over the implant and that is something that can not be corrected by implants. Breast always look bigger after surgery due to the swelling.Would you please explain what you do not like about your breast and your before pictures would be helpful.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

7 Weeks Post Op. Bottoming Out?

+1

Photos are very helpful, but they are only 2-dimensional. On the front view the right implant looks a bit lower, but no moreso than is the shoulder.

I see no evidence of bottoming out on either side view, and the implants look quite even to be on these views. All the best.