What Type of Rhinoplasty Would Be Right for my Nose, What Other Features Would It Bring Out? (photo)

I feel my nose is round, fat, and piggish I would like it to be skinner and thinner. Is that possible? What other facial features would it bring out? Which type of rhinoplasty is best? Should I get it?

+1

This type of over internet question and only one view posted photo does you a dis service to expect us to respond with and exact answer. YOU NEED IN PERSON examination in order to determine what is best suited for your nose and face. 

Facial features after rhinoplasty

+1

The best way to see what changes will be apparent in your facial features after rhinoplasty is to try computer simulation. This way you can see exactly what the changes will mean to your face as a whole.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

rhinoplasty for wide nasal bones and tip

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure involves narrowing and refining the tip and bridge, which will  help with the flat appearance of the nose. Narrowing of the bones is accomplished with osteotomies, while narrowing of the tip is accomplished with suture techniques of the tip in combination with cartilage removal. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website for you to get an idea of what your new nose might look like. Please see the link below for examples of wide noses we have repaired in our practice

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/progallery/widenasal_photos07.html

What Type of Rhinoplasty Would Be Right for my Nose, What Other Features Would It Bring Out?

+1

I think that your nose can be made smaller as you would like by reducing the size of the tip and the width of the nostrils and the width of the bridge og the nose.  This can all be done with a closed rhinoplasty.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Alar reduction and tip rhinoplasty

+1

It is hard to fully assess from this picture but given your facial features you appear to have an Asian ethnic nose and eyes (due to the folds around your eyes and widened and flat nasal bridge). Rhinoplasty directed at reducing the size of the nostrils and narrowing and raising the tip into the thick nasal skin will help as well as adding height to the nasal bridge. As a previous post has mentioned you have thick nasal skin and thus results will not be as dramatic or as predictable at the tip of your nose. It is important to understand the limitations of surgery and a trained plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon should be able to counsel you on what are reasonably expected results in your case.

Rhinoplasty on Nose with Thick Skin

+1

I need to see additional pictures of your nose; go to my website for instructions  on the views for nasal evaluation. Results can be limited in patients with thick skin but significant improvement can be achieved by narrowing the tip, decreasing the flair of the nostril rims, and sometimes augmenting the bridge.