Is There A Non Surgical Procedure That Really Works To Tighten Skin Permanently? (photo)

I'm 112Lbs, 5'3" And 20 Years Old. I Have Had Two Kids, Oldest Is 4 Youngest Is 20Months. I Went From 103 To 158 During My First Pregnancy And From 105 To 142 With The Second. I Can't Seem To Get Below 109 Lbs Now Though. It Is A Huge Blow To My Self Esteem Feeling Like I Have The Stomach Of A 45 Year Old. I Am Not At All Interested In A Tummy Tuck. Also, Is There Anything That Really Works To Lessen The Appearance And Improve The Texture Of Stretch Marks? Thanks So Much For Your Time!

Thermage is the ideal non-surgical way to tighten the skin on the Abdomen

+2
Themage is the ideal way to tighten the skin of the abdomen, especially if you are not interested in surgery.  Thermage works through radio frequency technology which heats up the tissue and produces new collagen.  The stretch marks, however, need a different form of treatment.  I cannot tell from the photo if the stretch marks are red or white.  White stretch marks can best be treated with Fraxel Laser or Ematrix.  Red stretch marks are best treated with V-Beam.  Please find a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience in cosmetic dermatology for the best results.

Treatment for lax skin and stretch marks after pregnancy

+2
Both are great questions and have different treatment options.

For skin tightening of the abdomen, I would recommend Thermage which is a radiofrequency laser used for skin tightening both on the face and the body. You notice immediate tightening post-procedure which is attributed to collagen contraction with more improvement over the following 6 months as new collagen is laid down. 

For stretch marks, I like two different lasers:
- If there is any redness in the stretch marks, I would use the Vbeam laser to address vascularity
- If the stretch marks are skin colored, I have had success using the Lux 1540 laser which is a fractionated non-ablative technology which helps remodel build collagen from beneath. For this indication, 6 treatments are usually required and these are spaced out every 3-4 weeks.  

Jennifer Ahdout, MD, FAAD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist