6. 5 weeks post op Breast Augmentation, will they change as in get smaller? Or is this the size they will stay? (photo)

I had my breast augmentation 6.5 weeks ago with 200 cc, HP. My PS, recommended 275-300 cc, but during the surgery, he said my pocket was too small and 200 cc, was all he could give me. I was sad at first but I have learned to love my new breast. I forgot to mention my BA was under the muscle, silicon. Also I'm don't remember correctly what my PS said about him only being able to give me 200 cc. He said I had a small capsule or pocket. Something like that. My question is, will they change as in get smaller? Or is this the size they will stay?

Augmentation size

+1
Thanks for the picture. Your augmentation was good. You can expect just a small amount of reduction in size over the next six weeks. At three months the results are pretty stable. Good luck.

6.5 weeks postop breast augmentation - will they change as in get smaller? Or is this the size they will stay?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. At 7 weeks, you are still early in the postoperative period.  Most of the swelling has likely subsided, but the implants will probably still settle over the next 4weeks or so. You will have to await until swelling subsides and your breast settle in order to see your final result - usually 6-12wks. Wait for your final result, and then you can discuss with your surgeon. I did not see your preoperative appearance nor know your postoperative goals, but it appears as if you have a very nice result thus far with implants that fit your breast width well.  The size will not change significantly. 

In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

6. 5 weeks post op Breast Augmentation, will they change as in get smaller? Or is this the size they will stay?

+1
Primary response is you are near max healing so the size should be what you see. Other issue is choice in volume, 200 to 275 cc is not a large amount. This I do not understand why your chosen surgeon has told you this??? 

Breast augmentation at 6 weeks

+1
At 6 weeks you are likely still swollen. They may appear slightly smaller as the swelling dissipates. Give it a chance to heal probably another 2 months or so.

Breast Augmentation Size

+1
First of all you look great! It is a very common question from patients as when to expect their final size. The majority of your swelling has resolved, however it takes a full three months to get to your final shape and size. The breasts will tend to get a touch softer and settle over the next month. I hope this helps. Johnny Franco MD

Breast augmentation recovery

+1
Most of the postoperative swelling should be resolved by now.  This should be close to your final size, though the shape can be expected change slightly over the next several months.  The implants tend to settle slightly and the lower pole skin stretches somewhat.  While the size doesn't change much, this may change how you fit into certain bras as the volume of the breast redistributes.  You seem to have a very nice result which should improve more as these normal changes occur.  Best wishes,
-Erik Hoy M.D.

Erik Hoy, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

They're very close to their final size...

+1

At 6.5 weeks they're pretty near their final size. And, by looking at your photos, you have a very good outcome. Congrats!

Good luck,

Dr. Fernandez Goico

Luis A. Fernández Goico, MD