I Had my Pre-op Appointment Today and Settled on 225cc. Is This Enough? (photo)

I am currently a 34aa with "no breast tissue"... I am getting memory silicone gel under the muscle at a moderate + profile... The doc and i used sizers to determine the size i wanted and the 225cc sizers seemed to feel the most comfortable. I am wanting a B cup, which i hear is hard to determine with cc. I am 5'6" and 138 pounds, with "thin" chest and athletic build... Will the 225cc implants be what im expecting or no?

Size questions

+2

I like to do a dimensional analysis using measurements of the breasts and your body type. A 225 cc implant seems narrow/small in a 5'6", 138lb, 34aa woman with no breast tissue. As you mentioned, you have very little breast gland and you want to be a B cup.  I don't like to use breast cup sizes but with the Vectra 3D imaging, one can choose the appropriate size and reduce the guesswork. Your tight skin envelope will limit how large you want to go. I like the idea of the Crisalix to help with making a decision if you don't have access to the Vectra or other 3D imaging system. Trying on implants is helpful but not ideal. 

Size Considerations in Breast Augmentation

+2

If a 225 cc implant seemed the right size when you tried them in the office, I would personally recommend adding about 10% to this size since you are placing the implant under the muscle. The muscle tends to flatten the implant and you lose some projection most of the time the way I do the procedure. However, since you discussed it at length with your surgeon and he/she knows how they do the surgery and the results they get, and you are using form stable implants that do not compress as much, the 225 cc implants may be perfectly fine. This is something you must discuss with your surgeon, not get what I would do.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Best options for your breast augmentation

+2

Hello. For your body type and judging by your pictures 225cc implants are a good choice. I also recommend that you go with the transaxillary endoscopic approach to your augmentation. This approach will give the least noticeable scar and is the safest quickest breast augmentation for patients with your body type.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Sized Right

+2

Picking breast size is such a personal choice.  Just looking at your pictures and listening to your desires, it seems like you have made a good one.  From experience, patients are always worried about being "too big" before surgery but often wish they were bigger after surgery.  One tool that may help you is to look at Crisalix online.  You can upload your pictures to the website and they create a 3D image for you and you can "try on" your 225 moderate plus implants - it's not perfect, but it will give you a good idea. Good luck!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Small Breast Implants

+1
The best way to determine the appropriate size, shape and placement of a breast implant is to use biodimensional planning.  The implants for you should go behind the muscle with a dual plane approach

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift to reposition areola to increase cleavage

+1

At size 34 each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  A 200 cc implant will take you to a size B, which is what you desire.  I recommend silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural and are stable long term.  However, your photographs show that your areolas are somewhat far apart.  It is possible you would benefit from a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using a circumareola incision, it is possible to reshape your breast to increase projection, elevate your breast higher on the chest wall to increase upper pole fullness and displace the areolas more medial to increase cleavage.  This technique will reposition the areolas in the correct anatomical position.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1

Thanks for your inquiry, and the excellent pictures. I think you made a good choice.  Good luck with surgery.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

225 cc Implant to Go from A to B Cup

+1

If you only desire a B cup, then 225 cc is probably a good fit.  In general, 200 to 250 cc increases the cup size by a letter.

Breast augmentation

+1

It soudns like you had a proper evaluation and have come up with a size that you like. To be reassured you can do a baggy test to see if you like the volume as a rough gauge.