What Can I Do to Fix my Hollow Sagging Face and Double Chin and Turkey Neck? (photo)

I am 29 will be 30 in December and have been sick for 8 months. I have lost weight and feel like my face has aged 10 years. Can someone please help i just want to look like a normal healthy 30 year old. Believe it or not I use to be an attractive person! Is there any surgeries I can have to fix this! Please help. Thank you!

Don't let big birthdays rush you into surgery

+3

Big birthdays are hard - whether it is 30, 40,50 or 60.  Everyone looks in the mirror and feels they have instantly aged.  Add an illness, and you are very vulnerable to impulsive decisions.  My advice is to get healthy - eat right, exercise and relax. Do something nice for yourself that is non-invasive and not permanent - facials, light laser treatments, BOTOX or fillers.  But don't rush to surgery until the dust settles.  You actually look much better than you think.  And I suspect you will look even better as your health improves.  Best of luck.

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sagging Face after 8 Month Illness

+2

I would expect changes in facial appearance after an 8 month illness, even in a 30 year old lady. Before considering surgery consult with physicians and nutritionists to improve your metabolism and general health.

Rejuvenation combo to help you heal!

+2

Britt..It sounds like you have had a hard time over the past few months.  If you were my patient, I would do a combination in this order:

1. Stress Reduction with a life coach
  2. Blood Work to make sure you are within normal limits on many elements like iron, etc
  3. Facials to rejuvenate your skin
  4. Lasers with no down time (Exilis or Sciton) to tighten the skin and remove any dark spots
  5. Botox to take the worry lines away
  6. Fillers to correct the "hollow" areas
  7. Then, we would talk about surgery if you still need it...

You are young and this is in your best interest to go slow...Hope this helps.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

A facelift when you are under 30?

+2
I really agree with many of the other doctors on this panel. You're attractive and your neck is fine especially considering you've been been ill for the last 8 months. This is 1 of the reasons why I have included nutritional and wellness counseling in my practice. apace it like you would do well with a specific diet tailored to your needs and the proper supplementation and exercise along with some stress management techniques and perhaps even some regenerative and restorative facial therapies would both tighten your skin and make it glow.

Srdjan Ostric, MD

What Can I Do to Fix my Hollow Sagging Face and Double Chin and Turkey Neck?

+2

First off, based on your photos, I think you're being very hard on yourself. You have a nice profile and neckline. For most patients in their 20s and 30s the best treatment options are Botox to treat and lines or wrinkles and also to create subtle changes in the shape of the brows and mouth. Also, dermal filler treatments can be performed in the office to replace volume where you feel you have lost volume. At 29 it is way too early for you to consider surgery for your concerns and I don't think you need it. I hope that your medical issues are behind you and that you continue to regain your health.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sagging and Double Chin

+1

You appear to have very few stigmata of facial aging, and you may want to consider Botox and fillers before contemplating surgery.

How can I make my face look better

+1

You actually look good for having been sick for 8 months. I see little signs of sagging tissue. If anything you may have some hollowness in the cheeks. I agree with the numerous opinions that encourage you to establish a healthy lifestyle with good eating habits, good skin care practices, daily exercise, good sleeping patterns, and maintenance of a healthy weight. Once you accomplish these objectives it would be reasonable to look at supplemental options to improve your appearance. My guess is that once you achieve a healthy lifestyle you will likely not need anything done for a number of years.

Todd C. Miller, MD

Facial rejuvenation at 30 after illness.

+1

It sounds like you have had your share of poor health for 8 months. However, your photos don't demonstrate the hollowness that you suggest. Non-professional photos are sometimes difficult to evaluate, but my instinct of 40 years of plastic surgery tells me that surgery should be your last resort. Your neck doesn't look that bad in the photos and you have full cheeks. You do look pale adn a good cosmeceutical product would help here. Other than that, you should visit a PS and get a personal consultation and alllow your PS a first hand look at you. He/she can discuss your options. Good luck.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Options for Addressing Aging Concerns

+1

There are several options for addressing your areas of concern.  This would include fat grafting into the midface, perhaps coupled with a conservative lifting of the deep tissues of the midfacelift.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restoring Facial Form After an Illness

+1

Your face and skin can be a sign of overall health.  Improve your overall health first with diet, exercise, supplements.  Once you have implemented and adopted these changes if your face has not improved consider the use of facial fillers for volume restoration rather than a facelift.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon