Asian Rhinoplasty & Chin Augumentation for Facial Harmony? (photo)

My 'strong' nose bothers me. When I smile, it overpowers my other features. Work on my chin can improve my profile. I don't know if my jaw has to do with anything. My nose has a tall bridge..would this still be considered Asian rhinoplasty? Will I still need implants for either nose or chin? A more refined nose and improved chin will give me a more soft, feminine look. I am in my mid 20s and work in the beauty industry; this will help my confidence personally and professionally. Thank you

Nasal tip refinement during Asian rhinoplasty

+2

Cool hair color!  The techniques that would be required depend on what aesthetic you are trying to achieve, but given the height of your dorsum (bridge), you will not need a large amount of extra cartilage.  You will not need a nasal implant, but you may need some cartilage grafts to refine the tip of your nose (from your septum and/or ear).  Alar base modification will soften the width of your nose and nostrils when you smile.  I think you will achieve an excellent result without a chin augmentation.   

Asian rhinoplasty

+2

Asian rhinoplasty usually involves building up the bridge of the nose with grafts. This nose does not require any augmentation. A subtle shaving of the dorsal hump narrowing the nasal bones with osteotomies and refinement of the nasal tip is all that is required in this particular case. The thick skin present in the tip will require cortisone shots in the postoperative period.

Asian Rhinoplasty

+2

A typical Asian Rhinoplasty refers to an "augmentation" rhinoplasty, using either rib cartilage or implant material to increase dorsal height and modify the nasal tip.  I feel that your dorsal height is satisfactory and does not require augmentation.  The dorsum is slightly wide and could benefit from conservative narrowing with osteotomies.  The major modification that would benefit your nose would involve refinement of the tip.  Narrowing the broad tip, as well as increasing tip projection would greatly benefit your appearance.  Conservative alar reduction to decrease the width of your nostrils would also be of benefit.  Your chin position is good.  Good Luck

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian rhinoplasty with chin surgery

+2

It would be worthwhile to narrow and strengthen the tip of the nose so it doesn't widen so much upon smiling, as well as narrow the nostrils. The bridge is pretty acceptable as is, with possibly a graft between the eyes to make the bridge more straight. I would also narrow the entire nose by moving the bones inward.

As for the chin, the profile is acceptable. On frontal view, I would shave down the sides of the chin to give you a more pointed chin and give it very slight lengthening (make it longer from the front view) - it needs to be very slight in order to not make the face too large.

Charles S. Lee, MD, FACS

Asian Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi,

I think you have ethnic nasal features primarily because of your bulbous tip and deep naso-frontal angle. This puts you into the Asian or "ethnic" rhinoplasty category. Refine the tip to make it less bulbous and addressing the bridge width can make your nose look more  proportioned to your face.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

A Rhinoplasty Should Give You The Facial Harmony You Are Looking For

+2

Your question is intuitively correct. the nose does balance the rest of the features on your face. From the front, your nose is a bit too wide and the tip is a bit too round. From the side, your tip droops and the there is not enough fullness where your nose attaches to your face. If you were to narrow the nose, refine and define the tip, rotate the tip upwards, and add volume to the base of your nose in the midline, it would make the rest of your facial features look better. Once the nose is refined, your chin will look fine. Make sure and find a surgeon with a lot of rhinoplasty experience. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian Rhinoplasty with or without Chin Augmentation

+2

What will help your nose significantly is to change the imbalance between the broad and bigger nasal tip and a relative low dorsum of the upper nose. It is not that the dorsum is so low but raising it will help the more significant changes that are needed in the tip to look better. The tip needs to narrowed, given better projection and the nostrils narrowed. The dorsum up to the radix needs to be raised and this can be done with either an implant or cartilage graft. It is not clear that chin augmentation is needed. But that would have to evaluated by computer imaging to see if the chin adds any aesthetic value with your Asian rhinoplasty.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Asian Rhinoplasty/Chin Augmentation

+2

The best procedures to optimize your facial appearance will require a face-to-face consultation.  In these limited photographs, your chin projection looks good, as does the height of your nasal bridge.  It does appear that your upper lip is short (especially when smiling), and this makes your nose appear larger.  Changing the subtle relationship of the upper lip/nasal base will likely improve your already attractive appearance.

Jonathan Sykes, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian rhinoplasty

+2

I think your dorsum looks pretty good. I would probably work on the tip and narrow the base. The chin looks fine.

Tip Rhinoplasty & Cheek Augmentation

+2
Thank you for your question and photos. You have an excellent bridge and chin. Your cheeks are underdeveloped and you have slight fullness of your tip.  A slight tip and alar reductions would put your nose into better harmony.  Cheek augmentation with fat or fillers would significantly enhance your appearance and put your nose and face into better balance. Best wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon