Am I a Candidate for Submental Liposculpture and Exilis? (photo)

I want to sharpen my jawline and get rid of my double chin and jowels. I am also thinking of either co2 laser resurfacing or exilis for firming and wrinkle reduction.

Candidate for Submental Smartlipo

+1

Thank you for posting a picture. It looks like you would be a good candidate for submental Smartlipo; this procedure will remove unwanted fat deposits. Make an appointment to consult with your surgeon to find out which procedure is best fit for you.

Liposuction and Buccal Fat Pad Removal

+1

I would not recommend buccal fat pad removal for you, but liposuction may be a component of the neck rejuvenation.  I suspect that the muscle may be playing a role here and may be better treated with a neck lift.  However, only physical exam would bear that out.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lipo of the neck

+1
you can never tell for sure until you really feel the skin but in general looks like you're a good candidate for almost any type of liposuction. Be careful of 1 thing. People of a certain age may have muscle bands that first become visible when you remove the fat over them. Everything else looks pretty good even though the pictures are not a great quality so consider doing less rather than more and deal with just the neck for now

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Lasers VS Facelift/ Necklift

+1

Hello 'Methuen2173', thanks for your question and photos.  There are hundreds of different lasers, and every year there is a new and improved revolutionary laser that magically tightens skin and melts away fat.  The problem is that a lot of these are either bogus, or need multiple treatments to provide a minimal improvement.  The only laser that I am convinced really does a good job is the traditional CO2 laser, which recently has become fractional to speed up recovery time.  This laser does a decent job of treating fine lines and wrinkles, and does provide some skin tightening throughout the face.  However, this also has limitations in that it does not help much with jowling or diffuse facial sagging, is contraindicated on the neck due to risk of scarring, and it does require about a week of down time.  In my opinion, based on your photos and areas of concern, I think you would benefit most from a traditional face and neck lift procedure, which can be done in the office setting with minimal sedation, or at a surgery center under deeper sedation, based on your preference.  The face and neck lift with do a great job with removing excess fat and tightening the loose skin and muscle around your face and especially your neck.  As it is surgery, you will need a few weeks of recovery time, but unfortunately there is NO magical laser or surgical procedure that will address your concerns adequately with no pain and no down time.  I recommend seeing your local board-certified plastic surgeon to further discuss options and expectations with you in more detail.  Good luck! -Dr.92660

Parviz Goshtasby, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Submental liposculpture and Exilis

+1

From your photos, you may be a candidate for an energy assisted liposuction of the neck such as Vaser Lipo (Ultrasound) or Smart Lipo (Laser).  Of the two, I prefer the Vaser Lipo.  Also, I believe the Vaser Lipo, which is a surgical ultrasound and liposuction procedure, will do a better job of firming and wrinkle reduction than the Exilis, which is a non-invasive ultrasound treatment.  That said,  The option that would result in the greatest improvement of the double chin and jowels would be a face lift and neck lift.  Be advised that the results of non-invasive skin tightening procedures are moderate improvement at best.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon