Lengthening the chin vertically from front view. Is it possible to add about 7~9mm of vertical length with an implant? (Photo)

Hi I'm 28 y old male. I don't have a receding chin but it's a weak chin. I want chin augmentation using silicone to add side projection and more importantly the vertical length. My jaw does have some angle so it's definitely not a square jaw from the front, but may not be steep enough that a standard chin implant will add a lot of vertical length. I heard some doctors use custom carved silicone for vertical lengthening purposes. Is it possible to add about 7~9mm of vertical length with implant?

Best chin implant

+1
  • See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon 
  • At the time of the consultation, study your photos with your surgeon.
  • Based on the look you have in mind, you may be very happy with an extended chin implant,
  • But for 7-9 mm more of vertical height - a lot - you may need a mandibular osteomy. Best wishes.

Chin augmentation candidate for vertical height

+1
The primary goal for a Silastic chin implant  is to give projection to the chin. The secondary goals for Silastic chin implant are to give vertical height and lateral width.   The most vertical height at any Silastic chin implant could accomplish would be 4-5 mm.  If you desire more vertical height, consider a mandibular osteotomy procedure.  For more information, diagrams and our chin implant photo  gallery, please see the link below

Lengthening the chin vertically from front view. Is it possible to add about 7~9mm of vertical length with an implant?

+1
Yes, you are correct.  You would benefit from a chin implant to project your chin forward.  This will balance the lower half of your face.  As for the 'square jaw', you can achieve that with Radiesse.  This gives a great angular look for men.

Lengthening Chin Vertically

+1
Your chin can be vertically lengthened. There are many different sizes and shapes of silicone implants that can be modified to meet the needs of each individual patient.

Chin

+1
I agree totally with Dr. Kabaker's answer and there are also sliding osteotomies that can be performed on the chin to increase vertical height

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Longer chin

+1
It is certainly possible to augment a chin to give it more vertical length. You should have computer imaging or photoshop of your profile to see how you would look with greater chin height.  

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon