Is This Normal? First Laser Removal a Few Days Back and My Skin Doesn't Look Good? Dry and Bumps?

Bumps and Dryness after Laser Hair Removal?

+2

Hi Andrea.  It looks like you got a pretty good treatment.  By the looks of things you have very coarse hair, which can lead to profound redness or follicular edema (raised red bumps) around the hair follicles.  We would only be concerned if you had blisters or other damage to the skin besides what we are describing.  Good luck.

Post Laser hair removal dry and bumps

+2

It is normal to have dryness at the laser hair removal site.  The laser tends to dry the skin out and the bumps are also a good sign as the hair is trying to eject itself out of the hair follicle.  My advice would be to apply hydrocortisone 1% to the affected area until the skin returns back to normal. 

W. John Bull, MD

Dryness and bumps after laser hair removal

+1

Laser hair removal, particularly to coarse hairs, can produce erythema (redness) and edema (swelling or bumps around the hair follicles). This is actually a good result. While I would be hard pressed to move your settings too much higher, I think you got a good result and can expect a good amount of hair loss from this treatment. Apply cool water and hydrocortisone to the treated areas for a few days. It will help alleviate the dryness and bumps.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD