Left Breast Lift, Fat Graft to Right Breast; Left Has Large Indentation and Very Hard, Normal?

I received a breast lift to my left breast (with small existing implant) and a fat graft to my right breast (status post mastectomy). The left breast has a large indentation under it and it almost looks like a heart. There is a very hard area all the way down the healed suture line. Is this normal? What do i need to have to fix this?

Left breat lift issue

+1

Indentation along the suture line of a vertical lift may soften up with time. How soon after surgery are you?  Best to be seen in person.

Breast Augmentation/Lifting Indentation/Firmness?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

As you can imagine, it is difficult to give you precise advice without direct examination. The indentation/firmness of you are experiencing may be related to issues such as scarring, fat necrosis, or early breast implant encapsulation... in a plastic surgeon will be in the best position to help you with a diagnosis and/or treatment plan.

+1

Need more photos posted but better yet seek in person evaluation by boarded PSs in your area. I if after an examination recommend more fat grafting. 

Scar shape after breast lift

+1

Defining scar shape resulting after breast lift will depend on the particular technique used during the lift.

In some situations different shapes may be created by the surgeon to adjust for tension in the lower breast.  It would be appropriate to discuss with the operating surgeon to clarify what technique was used.

Mario Diana, MD
Plano Plastic Surgeon