Normal Tumescent Lipo Results? (photo)

Hello. I recently had tumescent lipo on my upper & lower abs, love handles & flanks. I am only 2 days post surgery & experiencing a lot of lumps & uneven skin on my stomach area. I know I am still swollen & have a long way to go before seeing my new shape. I am wearing my garment 24/7 & am following the docs instructions to make recovery a lot less stressful. I know its very early in my recovery but wanted to know if the lumps and wrinkles on my skin will improve over the next few weeks?

Wrinkles After Liposuction

+2

Thank you for your photos.  You have some bruising and minor irregularities that should improve during your recovery period.  A massage may help but a properly fitting garment (smooth) will definitely help.

Dr. ES

Normal Tumescent Lipo Results?

+2

ONLY 2 DAYS!!!! There is no magic in healing. You must be patient and allow swelling and edema to subside. 

Normal Tumescent Lipo Results? (photo)

+2

Although you are in the early post op recovery period, there are some areas that do look like you will likely need a touch up. As Dr. Rand states,  I don't typically see this in my patients either.  You will have a better idea in a few more weeks. Good luck.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Worried about liposuction results

+2

As has been said, it is too early to worry about the final result but I do share your concerns about the dents I see. I will hope for you that these will disappear but I personally don't see those in my patients.

Liposuction and swelling

+2

At two days post liposuction surgery, it is too early to worry about the swelling and irregularities.  Give it a few months to settle down.

Results are normal!

+1

Great question! Your results are normal with your surgery only being a few days prior. The bruising and unevenness of your skin will get better with time, and please remember to wear your compression garment to help with this process.

Tumescent liposuction results at two weeks

+1

Firmness and lumpiness are very common after liposuction of any type. If you are having skin irregularities it is possible that these were pre-existing.  It is the soft tissues normal response to trauma.  More than likely the swelling is better in the morning when you first wake up and gets worse throughout the day as you go about your normal activities.  Light massage is beneficial but in general it just takes time for this to resolve.  Look for it to remain about the same for the next three weeks and then begin to get better between the 6 th week and the end of the 3rd month.  Continue to wear your compression garment as instructed.

Normal Tumescent Lipo Results?

+1

If your surgeon does hundreds of liposuction procedures a year, then this picture will likely improve over several weeks or months.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

Uneven Results at Two Days

+1

Thanks for writing and sending photos. It looks to me like you have just taken off your liposuction support garment. Also, you probably had some gauze or diaper like material to absorb tumescent fluid drainage. The padding and the garment can leave temporary "dents" in the skin similar to the mark the top of a sock can leave for a short while on your leg.

Once you no longer need gauze absorbent padding, your garment will leave your skin smoother. You can also transition to a softer garment like Spanks within the next week.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Uneven results after liposuction

+1

As you have insightfully indicated, you are a long way from seeing the final results and things will change quite a bit.

That said, if you were my patient I would be a little concerned about the early appearance.  I generally expect a relatively smooth but swollen version of the final outcome for the first several weeks.  

This may be completely normal and expected for your PS's technique of choice and he would be the best person to ask if you are on track or not.  

Follow your PS advice to help achieve optimal results.  

- York Yates, Utah.

Web reference: http://www.yorkyates.com

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon