Is It Normal to Have a Swelled Up Navel 10 Months After TT?

I had a tummy tuck 10 months ago n I've being feeling disconfort on my navel,it's considerably stiking out of it's hole.If i wear the binder,everything is in and no pain.My surgeon said it could be an hernia,which another specialist said it's not.I feel the pain and it's very hard around it. Any thoughts on what could be the problem? Please help!

Protruding umbilicus

+1

If your umbilicus is protruding, it could be swelling, it could be a hernia, it could just be your umbilicus the way it is. You need an exam.

Protruding belly button after tummy tuck

+1

It sounds as if you may have a hernia. Evaluation by a general surgeon with possible ultrasonic or radiologic assessment is a reasoanble approach at this point. If no hernia is present, you could undergo resection of redundant umbilical skin.

Swollen Belly Button after Tummy Tuck

+1

My first thought that this may be a hernia also.  If you have seen a general surgeon (the other specialist) and he/she disagrees then maybe imaging is in order (ie a CT scan).

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS